$10K Budget for Speakers: Martin Logan Masterpiece vs Tannoy

For much under $10K I can get a pair of Martin Logan Masterpiece’s Classic ESL 9 (the new ones retail for $6.5). Alternatively, I might go ahead and get a used pair of the top-of-the-line ESL 13 with all the bolts and whistles the modern electrostatic speakers offer: an unbelievable 3D-almost-surround-like staging and very detailed, life-like sound. Those Martin Logans speakers do have a huge speaker emission surface (the sound radiating "panel") emitting the sound bi-directionally and these speakers are almost the human hight tall.
The same $10K would also get me a top-of-the-line Tannoy Arden speakers (8K per pair). On the used market, if I am lucky, I could get a pair of Turnberries. Tannoy, while does have some unmatched style and a "company history-story" factor, apparently doesn’t even come close to be able to give the same sound experience Martin Logan speakers do. Tannoy speakers radiate sound from a single 10", 12" or at best 15" driver. The speaker themselves are significantly smaller than Martin Logan ones. They are barely hip height.
The esthetics and design is a huge factor for me, I do love Tannoy speakers. But, from a practical standpoint, and because the main reason I am getting the speakers is still the SOUND, and not the speakers design, I am heavily inclined to get a less-by-my-opinion-styled speakers made by Martin Logan. Because MLs, regardless of the price, offer a wider, cleaner, more life-like sound than Tannoy speakers do.
If the sound reproduction is the only concern, why would I choose a smaller, a single driver Tannoy over state-of-the art technology implemented in Martin Logan?

esputnix
Martin Logan...movie theater?  No

Tannoy...completely different...uh, yeah no!  
You make no sense.
ML speakers are not everyone's cup of tea. They can be initially impressive but wear on the listener after a while. They remind me of the rustling of dry autumn leaves, but that's just me. I would spend some serious time auditioning them before I'd make that choice or any other speaker choice, for that matter. There are many things to consider such as room size and electronics match. Have fun and choose wisely.
Love my Dynaudio Contour 60i. Excellent speaker warranting consideration as well. 
Seriously at 10K those are your inane options?
- Dynaudio contour line
- ATC
- Spector
- KEF reference line
- Fyne Audio
- Magico A3s

There are some stellar active options now with Genelec Fives, Buchardt A500, HEDD Type 20 or Dynaudio Focus XD line. 

Have you heard any of these?