I've been dragged to recommendations, kicking and screaming

As a Tidal subscriber, every time I log in new hip hop artists are recommended to me.  Hilarious as I never listen to them, but lately I've been letting Roon play on and I'm discovering new artists and music I would not otherwise.

What's your experience been with online streaming and automated recommendation systems?
erik_squires
On ROON I often search up someone I want to check out and while listening to them I check out the recommended albums as I scroll down.  I've found some really good stuff that way.  
I use tidal as well as thousands of ripped and purchased rebook and hi-res music. I use Roon hints to explore new music. Roon's recommendations for similar artists to the 1 you are listening to have been eye opening

Tidal is owned by Jay-Z .. which is why you get hip-hop/rap suggestions... I get them as well.. 
Tidal is owned by Jay-Z .. which is why you get hip-hop/rap suggestions... I get them as well..

Right, which I knew, you'd just think that they'd have the promo page tied to my listening habits.
@erik_squires

I started streaming in earnest a number of years ago but really found that when I purchased an Aurender product and thus used their Conductor app, I was/am finding new music as often as I want/ed to. As you noted Erik, some genre’s you never "listened to them". I’m very similar. However, now Tidal and their Staff Picks, via the Conductor app, has opened my eyes, or ears if you will, to many many new songs and genres. I’m really enjoying listening to the music again - finding new genre’s has really been exciting. I’d recommend you listen not only to recommendations, but also just go pick tracks and try them. You have nothing to loose, but a gold mine to gain.