Footers Under Power Conditioners?

I own a Audioquest 7000 and I am wonderin’ if a set of Critical Mass footers would provide any benefit?
They are a little expensive to just try, so, has anyone had experience with this combination?

ozzy

128x128ozzy
@ozzy.........how is the Niagara 7000 working out for you?  I use 3 Shunyata power conditioners in my system but would like to simplify to one. Have you ever heard the Shunyata and if so, how does it stand up against the Niagara?
stereo5,
I really like the Niagara 7000. I also bought a 1200 and 1000 for my other dedicated lines. I had a Shunyata a few iterations ago, but, I was really impressed with the Niagara, it actually produced greater dynamics with my power amps plugged into it!

Anyway, still on the fence about footers under the 90Lb Niagara.

ozzy

@ozzy ,
I think it should be a positive tweak, albeit subtle.
I recall reading how a Core Power Equi+Core would be improved by using better footers- I believe it was Mark who said it.
Of course, you can always call AQ and speak with the guy with the British accent, who’s name I can’t recall, and get the dope from the horse’s mouth.

So much of this stuff is really on the edge.
Do we really hear a difference or is it just an expectation?
Bob
My conditioner was on BDR Cones for years. Recently tried Nobsound springs. Well if you look at my system the conditioner is modded to the point its practically DIY. There's big stiff power cords coming in on three sides and the top. So even with springs it can't move around and so I wasn't hoping for much. But surprise, it was almost as good as everything else I've tried these under. Nobsound springs are so dirt cheap I would get a set if only to try them out.  

Bonus, depending on weight you probably won't need all the springs. Drill some 1/4" holes into MDF or acrylic and use the springs you removed to make another set to use under something lighter.
So much of this stuff is really on the edge.
Do we really hear a difference or is it just an expectation?
Bob

Don't know about you Bob but I totally hear it. See my system page for comments about a recent visitor Deborah who heard and described Cable Elevators so clearly. I've done demo's on stuff like this for people so many times over the years I've lost track. 

That said, there is one small group who either can't hear or do hear but instead of responding to what they hear obsesses on second-guessing what they heard to the point of borderline neuroticism: audiophiles. 

I am not kidding. There's two kinds of audiophiles: ones who hear really, really, amazingly well (and almost always can tell you all about exactly what they're hearing) and those who can't. At all. Usually the second (and much bigger) group is really, really good at rationalizing away why they can't hear what everyone else can.  

Spoiler alert: expectation bias is one of their favorite tropes.