Never Used -- in Sealed Box

Who are the people who keep buying audio equipment, then offering it for sale without even opening the box? There seem to be regular listings for all levels of equipment which have never even been auditioned by their owners. Do these same people ever buy, say, bridges, or Florida beach property? Or do they believe that perhaps we are interested in buying some?
madisonears
I've seen equipment sold here, NIB, at slighltly lower than retail, however, much more than the same equipment that could have been purchased at www.ubid.com the week before! Some people are trying to make a fast buck.
I had that happen twice with my purchases on Audiogon.

I bought a PS Audio P10 power regenerator, when it arrived the factory tape hadn't been breached.  I reached out to the guy who sold it to me (at a loss, I suspect) and he said he bought one for each monoblock, didn't need two of them.  He was a Cardiologist.

The other sealed box was for a McIntosh MCD500 SACD player.  The guy was a high-end investment advisor and when he son found out that he ordered that, he worked with his dad to build a music server, so he didn't feel he needed the disk player.

Strange!
+1 sugarbie 

my experience with unopened boxes is that they formerly belonged to stores that had gone belly up.