Sophia Electric is not honest

Sophia Electric tries to portray itself as an American company. As far as I know everything is made in China including their amps and tubes. Be careful in dealing with Sue as she often is less than truthful. Has anyone else had bad dealings with these people?
billardhockey
They build them in their factory in Virginia. I infer that they are of Chinese descent living in the US in a state called Virginia. I've had several of their amps before; both said Made in the USA.
I have brought several Integrated Amps from them in the past 7 years and they have all been very reliable.  As for questions and support they have always been responsive.  I'm sure a lot of the parts that are used are source from China...but what isn't these days.  Chinese sourced components can be just as reliable as components produced here in the USA, Japan or South Korea as long as you know what you are buying.  It is my understanding that they assemble the bulk of there amplifiers here in the USA.  In the seven years that I have used their products...reliability has not been an issue.  They maybe sourcing all or most of their tubes from other Chinese companies but that is OK with me.  It saves me the hassle of having to deal with an oversea company directly.  I have also always been offered the opportunity for in home trials with no obligation to buy with full refunds or credits for other products upon returning an item that was not to my liking.

According to a very reputable tech here in Northern Virgina the 2003 EL34 A/B amp I own was assembled in the U.S. from Chinese parts. As long as the q.c. is good, there's no problem with Chinese parts. I had a Chifi class A amp for many happy years. 'twas a tech here in the U.S. that finally killed it.

I have tried dealing with Sophia Electric.  Found them to be the least honest company I have ever encountered.  Recommend none of their tubes based on tube quality, warranty requests, and knowledge.  The hype alone should make one run away.  Wonder why they do not have customer comments posted...wonder...

Run...away...fast...