I know this thread was commenced a while ago. However, let me jump in and share a little of my opinion. I have changed and owned alot of speakers through the last 10 years, and Wilson audio is definetely the best to my preference and taste. Why? I'd like to say that wilson lets music flows without veil and swings throughout the wide band of frequency without limitation. When it comes to which wilson to choose, the sophia 2 and 3 are easier to drive than the sasha. The sophias would be alot sweeter sounding than the sasha, vocal would be slightly forward and sweet sounding. While The sasha would be more dynamics and accurate to reproduce kicks and slams.
I like them both and you can't go wrong with these two choices. In terms of amplification choice. The sophia 2 and 3 would be fine with both ss and tubes. I have tried myself gears from ARC BAT MANLEY and some other SS. Here are my descriptionss:
1. BAT VK 60 and vk 5- sweetest mid and high, acceptable and just nice amount of midbass and low end. Good for analog playback..
2. Manley snapper and pre shrimp- just an average hard hitting but not excellent.. not recommended
3. ARC - right bloom from high to low an easy to love presentation
4. BAT VK 500 pre vk 5i- excellent sound staging and swing, i prefer this as a trade offs to the vk 60 for the wider sound spectrum and never runs out of juices.
5. DIY amps ss using famous hitachi mosfets: Nice and never dissapointing, warm and dark but sweet enough to love.
If you compare the sophias 2 or 3 to other similarly priced speakers in an A B audition, I am sure you will come to an easy decision. They are very very sweet and easy to love no matter what music taste you love. (Except you need the most ultimate headroom and slam - the Alexia would be the best money to spend as of today).
Thanks alot for letting me sharing my humble personal experience.
Disclaimer: I am an owner of this speaker..