Upgrading from my Bluesound Node 2 streamer

Ignorance is bliss.
I didn't think streamers ( using external DAC) had any influence on the sound. It was just a passway, a bridge,  between the internet and my dac but the more I read the more I'm finding that to be incorrect. Especially from previous Node owners.

So I'm looking to upgrade from the Node ( stream to external dac). Budget less than 2k
I've read may good review on the Lumin U1 Mini and was about to make the purchase when I can came across
these reviews of the Lumin app. Ouch!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.luminmusic.lumincontroller&hl=en_US&gl=US.

Any Lumin users here? Thoughts?

Other streamer recommendations appreciated

emil
The latest Android Lumin v3.0.x should have addressed a lot of the issues reported.
emil, The Lumin app and also the roon app do not work well with Android devices.  You have to use an Apple phone or tablet with both to get decent performance. 

I don't understand why these big players in the streaming world can't develop or buy a decent Android app, but they haven't.  They are not upfront about telling potential buyers that either.
Thanks Tomycy61 for that.

Guess Lumin is out. Too bad

any other recommendations with a 2K budget?
The Lumin app works best on apple devices. I have used it on a Samsung Tab A and it was ok, but far better on an ipad. I wouldn't even attempt to use it on ANY phone.

Oz