Phonostage recommendations under $3K

Folks,

I am looking to step up from my current Parasound ZPhono XRM (still under 60 days audition trial). To be honest, I am quite pleased with its performance, feature set and flexibility. I mean what else you can expect from a $600 phono. While I enjoyed listening to vinyl through XRM, I feel there is room for improvement and XRM may be the weakest link in my vinyl setup. And since XRM is the only phono I’ve experienced in my setup, I don’t have quite have a reference point. So what else should I be considering under $3K?

I prefer a relaxed and slightly warm sound since I mostly listen to jazz genre.

I started to put together a list list based on sound quality and flexibility with gain and impedance settings.

Parasound JC 3+ Phono Pre
Allnic H-1202
Leben RS30 EQ (requires a SUT for MC Cart)

I hear high praises on Herron VTPH-2A but it’s bit more than I would like to spend at this time.

My current vinyl setup, Thorens TD1601, ZPhono XRM, Hana ML (low output - 0.4mv), Accuphase E-650 and Tannoy Canterbury’s.

I would really appreciate some recommendations based on your personal experiences. Thank you!
128x128lalitk
For only "a bit more than you would like to spend at this time" you can have a phono stage that is on a whole other level from anything else you are considering. A phono stage so good (and well built) it may well serve you the rest of your life. A phono stage you would probably have to double or triple your budget to find even slightly better. In other words I would not sell myself short. I would seriously consider the Herron VTPH2A.
“A phono stage so good (and well built) it may well serve you the rest of your life.”

Thank you @millercarbon for your feedback. Well, it’s not only the initial cost, I am also considering the additional cost of NOS tubes. I guess that’s all can come at a later time. I couldn’t find any info on stock tubes (2 x 12AX7, 3 x 12AT7) being included with the phonostage. In any case, it seems VTPH-2A offers a lot at $4K price point.

Did you tube rolled your VTPH-2A yet or still using stock tubes? If yes, what tubes you have tried and found to be best with VTPH-2A.
@lalitk 

Brian from audioadvisor has listened to a few in your price ranges 

he said best said best selling is parasound jc3 jr
and that chord Huey &  musical Surroundings are all pretty close 

jc3+ was larger bass output was his top thought for higher price point 

IVE listened to Esoteric and Audio Research phonoS and they are better with bigger bass( Lyra & Purpleheart cartridges ) 

the higher up you go the bigger bass is what I hear. 
My thoughts 

Have good journey 

jeff

I would suggest you call Keith Herron and tell him your rig, listening habits, and price range. If you're within a few hours of St. Louis, see if you can arrange an in-home audition. Oddly enough, millercarbon is right in just how Herron products are. They will best even the JC3+
I recommend looking at the Pro-Ject Phono Box RS, Bryston BP-2 MM/MC, and Simaudio 310LP. And then tuning for your preference of warm and relaxed sound with the downstream electronics.