Advice on CD transport

Here’s the situation:

Am purchasing two channel integrated amp with built in DAC shortly (likely Hegel H390. Love the DAC section).  Big CD enthusiast and I’m looking for a great transport under the $1k range (used is more than acceptable).  My issue is buying a standalone transport is too rich for my blood so looking for a CD player with awesome transport. I hate paying for the DAC in it I won’t be using but such is being audio poor. 
I’ve always liked the Rega line but am wondering what anyone has found/used.  If you’ve got any helpful input without getting into DIY, please feel free to chime in. 
CJ
cjlundberg
Hello,
I would agree with Towertone in 99% of the cases when you are using an internal DAC versus a stand alone. One of the only companies I feel that makes an incredible DAC for the integrated amps is Hegel. It does everything and has really good sound. I am a separates guy for the most part. Hegel is one company that does this extremely well. Also by getting an internal DAC you do not need to spend money on power and interconnect cables which can easily add $500 to the price. Nor do you have to spend the time figuring out which interconnects sound right with your system. This is a very common rabbit hole that can really get expensive.  With this setup you only need to add a something for streaming and you are ready to go. You already figured out the hard part of figuring what pre/ amp sounds best with your setup. The rest is really about money for the sources. It took me 20 years to lock in my power plant. 
I too have a Cambridge CXC v2.  $600 feeding a Bryston BDA-3 dac.
Sounds wonderful.  Hard to go wrong.
Here's a short vid on how to do a few tweaks, not parts changing, simple stuff virtually anyone can do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoxC3st7WQw&t=1521s

OK OK the DAC costs $4000 so maybe it would make any transport sound better.  Maybe.

Good luck with your choice.

Regards,
barts
@barts Did you do those mods? Thoughts?

FWIW, I got my CXC v. 1 from Crutchfield for $389. I don't think V.2 is all that different/improved is it? Because I think a used CXC v.1 might be quite a bargain.
The new CXC I got with haggling, in Aus cost me $490aud that’s $353usd!!!! this is why it’s the best bang for buck so far.
Until hopefully (ex Theta) Mike Moffat of Schiit Audio gets into gear with this resurgence of CD transports needed on the market, then it "should" take over best bang for buck.

Cheers George