The best speakers over 50K

I am curious.  I recently heard a pair of Vandersteen Seven speakers and I thought they sounded as good as any speaker I heard at this price.  Yet, when I look to the various forums where the users discuss the best speakers, I never see these listed.  Am I missing something?
jamesbgood
@patricdowns ya man, i am blessed. took a LOT of risks in my thirty year career and lucked into this. 

to the OP, Mikes comments are spot on about dialing it in to the room. Anybody can buy good gear - extracting the max out of it is another matter. I will say, 11 bands of analog bass EQ per speaker in the powered Vandersteen models allows you to place for best image and slam and then tune low bass below 120 hz for the room.
Audio Machina XTAC. The amplifiers that are required and included make these much more than simple array speakers. Read the white paper and learn why these are completely unique. Planning a trip back this fall to hear them again with my software. 

You can always add an Eminent Technology TRW-17 True Subwoofer to your speakers (and "non-true" subs ;-) to reach $50k. If you don't yet know that Bruce Thigpen is a genius (or at least a very clever fella), check out the TRW-17. TRW stands for Thigpen Rotary Woofer, and it was designed to reproduce 20Hz and below, flat to 1Hz! Not cheap, but hey, you got $50k to play with, right?

If you're not in a hurry, you can always wait for the (possibly) upcoming model from Magnepan: the "30.7 for Condos". Midrange magnetic-planar drivers, a ribbon tweeter, and OB/dipole subs. If you can't wait, get the 30.7 and multiple GR Research/Rythmik OB/Dipole Subs. Oh, and the ET TRW-17. ;-) 

PMC MB2 SE ACTIVE

GOEBEL EPOQUE FINE

GRIMM LS1 BE (UNDER 50K BUT EXTREMELY GOOD IN SMALL ROOMS)

BTW, I find MBL have poor coherence and timing