Maggies to Tekton?

Hey Audiogon-ers.  I've only posted a few times, as I mostly enjoy reading the threads and comments.  I've been a 20+ year Maggie owner, and I currently have the 1.7s in my "new" (post divorce) house.  I'm a big Maggie fan, but lately I've been craving something different...something with oomph and excitement - a dynamic speaker that will get my mojo going on jazz and modern rock.  The Tekton line-up piques my interest, especially the affordable models - Mini Lore  and Lore Ref.  I mean, damn, for under a grand I can take the plunge.  Plus, they have a  60 day return policy!  My amp is the McIntosh MA 252, and I have a Sony HAP player for digital and Music Hall 'table for LPs. My questions:  For the extra money, is the Tekton Lore Reference the way to go?  Is there another affordable, high efficiency brand that I should consider?  Is there anyone out there who has gone from Maggie to another (dynamic) brand and hasn't regretted the move?  Thanks! 
jrod68
As they have a trial period, why not give them a try to see if they float your boat? For me, I would pass. I know and love the Maggie sound, and any non electrostatic speaker other than Vandersteen isn't going to make it.
But, be advised, I have seen many negative posts regarding returns-The main point being that Tekton will be very anal with regard to the condition the returned speakers are in.
YMMV
B
I haven’t had Maggie’s, but I have had Martin Logan’s. They’re great at what they do, but as you’ve mentioned, they don’t do dynamic. And they don’t go low. Tekton’s seem to get mostly great reviews from buyers, and though I have seen a couple of people mention that tekton has problems with fingerprints , etc on them if returned, the numbers of people I’ve read that returned theirs is really super small. I’d say you’re likely to find that you like them very much. I have some of their bigger ones, the moabs and ulfers, though I’ve read about everything I could find online about all their models, and the ones you mentioned also get great reviews. 
@gdnrbob & @speedbump6...thanks for the input. Consider me warned on returns. At less than a grand, if I don’t want to mess around with a return and the speakers are pretty good (but not exactly to my liking), I can always set them up in a basement listening area. My 1.6s were magical in my old house (a really big room and muscular amp), but the 1.7s not so much in my smallish listening room now. I sold most of my equipment after my divorce. The MA 252 is a nice piece, but I’m afraid it doesn’t have the horsepower to make the Maggies sing.