Best "Bang for the Buck" you have owned?

Yes, the CJ ART, various Audio Research were all great...but I do remember lower priced items that gave much pleasure for their price.

In no order, The Large Advent,  DQ-10, Nakamichi SR receivers,  inexpensive Nordost cables, many tuners giving good vibes vis "FREE" music.  Also, in a different way, the Nakamichi TM radios and SoundSpace systems. 

There was a solid state ARC pre that was very good....ls-12?

And I do  remember "free" listening at some friends homes/systems that were great values. I was exceedingly lucky to have a best friend that bought most of my gear when I was "moving on".  It gave me the chance to listen to what I had had compared to what I currently had....at least once what I had sold to him was better than what my replacement gear was...........the old "live and learn". 

whatjd

The AR XA table, bought new in ’69 for around eighty bucks, I believe.

My first Decca cartridge, the Blue, new in ’73 for a hundred bucks or so iirc. Changed my life!

QUAD ESL’s/pair of model II power amps/Dahlquist DQ-LP1 x/o, in the early 90’s, all for $800.

Bedini 25/25, $400 in early 90’s.

Townshend Audio Elite Rock table, $650 in early 90’s. Still have, use, and love it.

Eminent Technology LFT-8b loudspeakers, $2499 five years ago. Seriously under-acknowledged and appreciated (in the U.S.A., at least. In the UK it enjoyed a very warm reception. VPI’s Harry Weisfeld also sung it’s praises.).

Electron Kinetics Eagle 2A, $400 a couple of years ago (found here on Audiogon). The best woofer amp ever made? A favorite of JGH, and now I.

Zeta tone arm, $500 just recently (I already had one, but for five hundred bucks?!). Great arm for Deccas/Londons. The Townshend Rock actually came with it’s armboard drilled for the Zeta.

In 1993 while stationed in Germany got a new pair of Klipschorns from the CANEX (Canadian Exchange) for 3999.99 German Mark's, or at the time, just under $2000 CDN. An American Colonel had ordered them while stationed at Frankfurt and was sent back to the US, we were having our annual electronics show and they were about to unbox them when my exwife, who happened to be our Shipper/Receiver with CANEX snagged them for me. She got the 93 slanted Hersey II's out of the divorce, Khorns were to big for her...HA...
For <$600, Vanatoo Transparent 1 Encore active speakers gives anyone with a computer, tablet, or smartphone with streaming software to start with a very flexible and formidable sounding complete system for practically nothing in terms of high end audio $$$$s.