Best "Bang for the Buck" you have owned?

Yes, the CJ ART, various Audio Research were all great...but I do remember lower priced items that gave much pleasure for their price.

In no order, The Large Advent,  DQ-10, Nakamichi SR receivers,  inexpensive Nordost cables, many tuners giving good vibes vis "FREE" music.  Also, in a different way, the Nakamichi TM radios and SoundSpace systems. 

There was a solid state ARC pre that was very good....ls-12?

And I do  remember "free" listening at some friends homes/systems that were great values. I was exceedingly lucky to have a best friend that bought most of my gear when I was "moving on".  It gave me the chance to listen to what I had had compared to what I currently had....at least once what I had sold to him was better than what my replacement gear was...........the old "live and learn". 

whatjd
Walked into a local hifi shop in 1976 to check it out. Talked to the owner who had terminal cancer. He only opened the store for his bucket list. Asked him what were his favorite speakers. After spinning some Little Feat I went home with a pair, JansZen Z-410's for $240.
I still use them for the front of the sorround sys with a Raal ribbon in the center.
One transformer and two surrounds in 44 years +$60.
“Honorable mention rubber bands, but not fair since they cost nothing.“

Rubber Band.... Rubber Band.... you’re playing my tune out of tune!!!
Magnepan MGIIIC, clarity, that the wife mentioned upon first listen.  Digital Amplifier Company 4800A.  Marantz AV8801.  Each step up the chain was large increase in SQ, for me.
I have very fond memories of the Apt-Holman preamp that I owned for many years. You youngsters won’t recall it, but was a superb component that represented terrific value back in the late '70s and ’80s. It was designed by Tom Holman, the inventor of 5.1 audio and the inventor of THX motion picture sound.

Read about it here:

https://kenrockwell.com/audio/apt/holman-preamplifier.htm