Think fast: What would you take?

I live in beautiful Portland, Oregon.
Pandemics, riots, rain, no rain, economic turmoil, comets...
Now we have devastating fires. 
One of my audio buddies is waiting in an evacuation center, awaiting the horrible news that he's lost his home. A couple others are at level 2 ready to abandon their homes. These guys are the best audiophile guys you could ever hope to have around. You probably know them.
With light rain in the forecast (Monday), I feel fairly safe.
But, I have collected one small suit case, just in case. My car will be loaded with camping gear. A photo album. Maybe a friend or 2.
Of the items in my listening room, I know I can't take any equipment. Maybe a couple Lps? No, I could replace those. 
So, I ask you: What would you take?
Hopefully, you'll never be in such a situation.
oregon
First one must assume that they are dealing with intelligent reasonable people.  If they are dealing with Stupid totally unreasonable people, then that is like arguing with a pig.  it will go nowhere.

For anyone to stand in my face and say that police brutality and killings don't occur on a routine basis, means that they are either incredibly stupid or just ignorant.  I chose to believe they are ignorant.

The only difference between now and the past is that now has video.  Many police departments around this country have over the decades been trained to keep certain people subjugated.  This is fact.  Using any means necessary.

Let me know how many times you have been pulled over by police for doing absolutely nothing wrong (called driving while black or Latino), and told to get out of the car with several guns drawn on you.  I'm waiting.....

If you twitch or respond in an unacceptable manner you are gone.

for intelligent people, take a breath, take a step back.  Listen to the actual people that it is happening to first.  They have first hand experience.  Don't dismiss what they are saying as if it is untrue.  Who are you to say it isn't? 

I've lived my entire life with this nonsense.  So, not only have i seen it many times, I have experienced it many times.
So, I definitely understand the anger.  This has gone way past telling people what is happening in order to get change.  That is why so many are so angry.  Look at many of the responses here.  

Many people even here are intelligent but clueless and don't care to know the truth.  Which feeds the fire even more so.  You have become (or always have been) part of the problem.

Your first inclination is to grab your guns to protect yourself.  From what???  The protest were to put a spotlight on the problems in order to enact real change.

Yet all many see are the stupid people that looted.  Those people were not part of the protest movements in the first place.  Never were.

Yet, that is all certain people see.

Since many don't live in those areas, don't watch certain news programs, and don't care, they are totally clueless as to what is really going on.  They chose to keep their heads in the sand as if it is made up.

it isn't.

Instead of asking, why are people protesting and do they have a point?  They are saying, look at those ????!!!!! people making trouble.  

When it is your friends, family, children, or yourself routinely treated this way or killed for being (black or latino) and not even armed, maybe you will understand.

Sorry for the long post, but there are many that really don't care or don't want to care or are stupid (hopefully not) or just plain ignorant.

I wish you all well.  These are very difficult times.  But, not much has changed from the 50's and 60's in a positive way.  In many ways, it is worse.

I reiterate that in the event of an emergency, fire, flood, hurricane, earthquake, etc.  have emergency contact information spread to your family ahead of time.  Where you will meet, when and how will you communicate.  Phones will probably be out.  have emergency documents and items already ready for quick transport and property information already copied elsewhere and provided to your insurance agent.  Including receipts and lists of possessions and most helpful, photographs.

The worst feeling is losing your home and filing an insurance claim only to have the agent tell you that everything isn't covered because you don't have documentation of possession or ownership.  

Take a breath, usually when someone is screaming in pain, it is because someone or something is causing that pain or kneeling on their neck.  Just because you don't see it or haven't experienced it does not mean it is not happening.  

enjoy
minorl,

Just because you think some are clueless, stupid, ignorant, are the problem, or do not care about whatever you decided they should be thinking, does not make you correct. You may get your message accross much better without resorting to insulting people.
But he is correct in that those he's insulting are the ones who either think it's okay or who simply don't care or want to remain ignorant so they can go about their business without having to address the issue.

https://www.reneeater.com/on-monuments-blog/tag/list+of+unarmed+black+people+killed+by+police
&
https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/black-people-killed-by-police-in-the-u-s-in-2020/

All the best,
Nonoise
Insulting people on an audiophile forum and pulling "discussion" into monolithic "if you are not blindly with me you are a horrible person against me" is not a way to get anything accross. This is an audio-related forum where some innocent teasing may be the way it goes, but throwing one's anger at people and insulting them with one's self-righteousness should not happen.
+ minorl you have a good grip on it for sure. There are some claiming innocence for which the mayhem is just forum entertainment. Now let’s all get busy and rake the forest !!!