Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
128x128millercarbon
@speedbump6  
Point of semantics.  Jealousy is when you have something and are somehow afraid of losing it or it being taken away from you: e.g. Othello.
Envy is when you don't have something but would like to have it: e.g. Cain and Abel.
Speaking personally, the very last thing that I feel when I read this thread is envy, and as I live in a Moab-free environment, it's impossible for me to feel jealousy.
Oh you have plenty to lose. Same as the others of your ilk: whatever shred of credibility you may still have left. Whatever feelings of accomplishment you’ve nurtured over the years. Can’t even pretend I’m a bad person, not with everyone saying how gracious and considerate and self-effacing I’ve been. All your feelings of superiority. Gone. Like tears in rain.

Wow Miller, the intensity of jealousy from glupson, carp and others has hit new levels.

Yes well it goes to show the wisdom of creating the Hateful 18 list, putting certain people on it, and putting them on permanent ignore. Because there is a point where a person can be so deranged that is all you can do.

Live in a city like Seattle a while, you will see them. Standing on the sidewalk, yelling and gesturing, and if you don’t know it sometimes can seem like they’re having a conversation. Until you realize its all in their head. Or you make the mistake of trying to engage, because most people are, you know, people. But then the shock and horror hits, you realize your mistake, and you just can’t get away fast enough.

Do this a few times and you learn to recognize crazy, avert your eyes, and never ever under any circumstances engage.

From now on they are so dead to me they don’t even know.
As you describe others you describe yourself...so you must have made your own list. Now your number nineteen in your own mirror.
Tom