“BLOCK” Function?

I’ve tried a search here for such a function,and I’ve come up empty. Is there a way to block certain members? Not just from personal messages,but so they don’t show up in any topic I’m reading. Sometimes it’s nice to ask a question and learn something without someone trying to rub your nose in your lack of knowledge like a dog that did his business in the house.  I am all for learning from others. That’s one of the reasons I frequent this site. However,there are some folks here that do have vast knowledge, but are as abrasive as 40 grit sandpaper. For those folks I’m ready to throw the baby out with the bath water.  

128x128rocray
It's hilarious how someone can become a caricature of himself.

Tell me about it. I have a whole list of em!

Because there is not a blocking function, just a few days ago I requested that the mods add a new topic called "Tweaks". 

My reason for doing so is that to my thinking it is by no small measure that tweak topics digress into choas.  You have the tweakaholics swearing about the improvement in sound, equivalent to buying a new component, that they have achieved with their often expensive tweaks.  And on the other side you have the engineers, respected equipment designers, and others implying that the tweakers are basically imagining the improvement, probably because of some unspoken underlying  psychological reason.

In addition, by having a separate topic to discuss tweaks, it would hopefully somewhat curtail people from starting to discuss the tweaks tangentially within the other topics.

Sorry, but there is no way to block even people who want to go around locking people up for the crime of holding a different opinion.
So far, no one here said that. But you do know what I'm alluding to, don't cha?

All the best,
Nonoise

actually some only think have vast knowledge...often hard to separate fact from opinion...while it's easy to ignore, too often a discussion is taken in a completely different direction and becomes worthless...
@jetter Unfortunately creating a Tweak topic won’t constrain the behavior the OP is referencing:

Sometimes it’s nice to ask a question and learn something without someone trying to rub your nose in your lack of knowledge like a dog that did his business in the house.

This behavior has no topical boundaries for certain participants.