6922 tube

I have a Cayin CD17 Mark1, takes 2 6922 unbalanced (which i run in) and 2 balanced(which i never will use), So I hada   tube flipping business that went sour = lost $$$$,,anyway,, started buying all sorts, A-Z 6922/6dj8,7dg8, ecc88, cc88, etc etc, 188's, 288's, etc etc, I;'ve heard nearly every variety/lab of this variant. 
= all sounded nearly identical..
Now maby in your Acoustic reserach a  6922 can be diciphered from others,,but in my cayin CD17, all sound nearly identical. 
So I figured, <<must be the circuitry = not so sensitive as per tube typology>> , long story short,, one of the 288's, were bad, amperex, like $125 each,,so a  friend lent me a  pair of russian military Gold Aero,,,pulg them in,,, wow, my system went sour., after all my countless mods, with super high tech parts, were made ~~null and VOID~~~,,all over a  pair of 6922 russian Gold Aero military tubes,, He says they are actually not 6922;'s, but,, can't recall the specific name of this tube. 
But its far and away from a  true musical 6922. 
While every other Tele, Siemens, vavlo (both Red print and White) Philips RCA , GE etc etc ETCCCCC,,all sound nearly exact..
~~~~~Bottom line~~~ Do not waste your money buying the Tele 6922 pair froma  german seller for $1500, nor others selling any /all variety of 6922 for over say,,,$20 each,m, Yep you heard me right,, You should  never ever pay more than $20 for any 6922 type tube.
All those countless $50-$1500 and maybe even $2500 fora  pair of  NOS 6922 is pure 100$ snakeoil.
Now a  AX and a  AU, now here we do indeed hear minisclue differences, which make me a fan of Tele and only the Tele. a  Tele offers in my system superior resolution.. Not by much,, but as i've said countless times in all my threads,, a  nunace here, a  miniscule there, a  tweak here, a upgrade there = all adds up to a  superior  sound.
a  6922= 6dj8 = 7dj8, ecc88, =cc88 = 188 =288,,However my tech guy who lent me the russian non muiscal 6922, said this player is best using any 6922, except the 288... has a  dif heater value. 
So do not waste your money thinking a  over $50 pair of 6922's will improve your sound. 
A Tele 6922 is not superior to any 6922(preferable USA/EU) ever made.(just make sure its not chinese= I do not like chinese pretubes>>> nor russian military),,I have a quad of EH's comming in 1 week,, that is one 6922 I've not heard,,will report ASAP. 
rant over.
Snakeoil buster here,
,strikes again..
Toucheeee

mozartfan
I could completely ignore this brand of discourse, but for one nagging feeling.     The thought that someone, just getting into tubes, might buy into this naysayer nonsense and be deprived of the greatest thing about valved gear.     ie: A greatly enhanced capability/possibility to flavor a system, exactly to one's own tastes.         I believe dissuading another of experimenting on their own, with the own system, in their own room, with their own ears, is contrary to the heartbeat of this website (regardless of the immediate topic).       At least; what seemed the heartbeat, a few years back.        Just my opinion and last post, in this thread (and everyone said, "AMEN!").        
@rodman99999   I agree in the joy tubes can bring, especially to a hobby that is full of some snake oil.  Tubes are definitely not part of the snake oil.  
Here you can actually see the sovtek 6922 which i mention in the OP,
Although I appreciate 
a friend lending me a   pair, this tube is anti-music, completely destroys the beauty of the Cayin Cd17 Mark1
go to 1:12 to see this most putrid sounding 6922.
It was made for miltary machines, not audio.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev5I9qMWFOg&t=25s
Just got in a  pair of Tele PCC88
swaped out the EH6922
NIce gain, has more sheen on the music. 
So yes I now see there are going to be sonic difs in various 6922's. Sorry for all the confusion in my earlier posts, = 
I am a believer