Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
128x128millercarbon
We’re MC a ray of sunshine he would have bought Yellow Moabs.
Duh!

In all seriousness I would probably use the same amplification for big Tektons that I do for my big Ohms. Tube pre-amp (Audio Research in my case) and a Good Class D amp (Bel Canto). 

If that combo did not work out well a tube amp was next in line for me.
There are a lot of very angry audiophiles out there these days. I’ve counted at least 7. Go figure!
Hello! I have owned the Moabs for a year now. SN# 0047 & 0048. I purchased after hearing a friend’s Mini Lore system and was very impressed with the sound. I could not get out of my head the detail the minis had for such a small speaker. After talking with Eric about the Double Impacts and Electrons, I purchased the Moabs and have not looked back. Ordered the standard package (4ohms, no BE upgrades, no bi-wire/amplification). This forum has allowed me to learn from others whom have been running the Moabs. Specifically, I installed acoustic treatments from GIK based on what @malus15 had posted. The acoustic treatments brought to life my Moabs more than what I was getting out of them. Without @malus15 posting about acoustics treatments, I might have never added them to my room (5x Monster Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology and 4x FreeStand Bass Trap). I still need to purchase 5x more bass traps and ceiling treatments to complete the room. Combined with a Parasound JC5 and NewClassic 200 Integrated Amplifier & DAC, these are incredible and fun speakers to own. No listening fatigue. Vocals have incredible dimension. Amazing separation of instruments that create a 3D listening experience. Very tight punchy bass. My mom even swears they help clear up her Tinnitus for a few days after an hour of listening.