Game Changing Tweak

I bought a pair of electrical devices called Electraclear from a company called AddPowr. They're simply plugged into an electrical outlet that's shared by your system. I paid under $300 for them and they've boosted my system's fidelity dramatically. In the 1800's,  a physicist and mathematician, Joseph Fourier, delved into the science of harmonics, and now the founder of AddPowr used these equations to increase the signal to noise ratio. (more signal=less noise) His devices act as harmonic resonators. He worked for a high-end audio cable company before focusing on this new range of products.
   I thought that when I first received the Electraclears, the difference would be subtle. To my surprise and delight, it was a stunning change. I was hearing music from the inside out. Cleaner, more dynamic, and a far greater and noticeable improvement than my power conditioner produces.
   I love finding inexpensive audio devices that work. The company makes other products, but I'd recommend a pair of Electraclears to start. 
bartholomew

@wolfie62

Why so hostile, Wolfie? We were discussing residential AC power, which varies greatly from place to place. Pwera introduced an equation which relates to that. Those who know Fourier analysis are enriched thereby - those who do not are told where to look. Again: what's the problem with that?

Oddly enough, your quotation of that equation WOULD be just as useful. If we wanted to make a fission bomb, the most important thing would be the fundamental physics that show it to be possible, and the energy-mass equivalence (up to a scaling factor) is the basis of all subsequent theory (binding energies, cross-sections, etc.).

A critical element in making a statement regarding a product, the source of which the manufacture makes a living from, necessitates owning and having a real experience with.  I own several of products by this manufacture and can attest to the significant improvement they have made.  The owner, developer, and designer is generous with his time and genuinely takes interest in how one experiences his products.  

@ladickinson

Agreed about confirmation bias. But this may be something more. Power supplies filter, yes - but as you know, it's a matter of degree, and the devil is in the details.

An LRC filter removes a percentage of the ripple present in a DC supply. The first LRC stage takes its DC from the rectifier, the second stage takes its DC from the first stage, etc. Bigger reactances increase that percentage, as do more stages - but have you ever calculated how much inductance and capacitance you need to reduce that ripple voltage to the intrinsic noise of your active devices?

Well I have, and it took most of a full size rack to contain the hundred pounds of transformers, the hundred kg of inductors, and the Farad of capacitors to provide 2 KW of good DC.

The result? My system is BLACK. Worth it? YMMV

Nice to see a few sane people here. All is not lost.
Terry9, do you see ghosts in your closet? If your unit has a bad power supply ditch it and spend your money on something built well. 

I have my very own Lawn wart. The Power company made me buy it because of my workshop. They thought I would dim everyone's lights.
The ultimate power conditioning. Four 3 grand I get to brag:)