Cartridge Opinions - Sorry

Yeah, another dumb "what's your opinion on these cartridges" thread. Back in the late 80's we had dealers where you could listen to the stuff.

So anyhow I have a Linn LP12 with Ittok arm and a 30 year old Audioquest B200L cartridge. I'm running it through the phono stage of a Jeff Rowland Coherence One into a Spectral DMA90 through a set of Kef R300's.

I prefer a little more laid back sound (err on the side of forgiving instead of fatiguing) but I like a lot of upper end detail, precise soundstaging, air, etc.

So far I'm considering an Ortofon Quintet S Black, Hana SL or a Benz wood - something at or below the $1k level.

I'd love to hear any opinions, suggestions, and experiences with those cartridges or others in the price range. I could possibly go higher if there is something out there that really shines for less than $1,500.

Thanks.

klooker
what would you consider as a high output cartridge? Anything over 3mV
2.5mV? Only because this is about the minimum that a phono section designed for MM cartridges will handle properly.

But the answer isn't simple. The lower the output of the cartridge, the lower its inductance. This will push the resonant peak created by the inductance and capacitance to a higher frequency *and* amplitude. I've noticed that the lower output cartridges won't ring at audio frequencies but the high output cartridges do (which is why they need to be loaded to sound right). Obviously there is an area where the cartridge would have a bit of of both characteristics. Take a look at this link, it is helpful at explaining what is going on:
http://www.hagtech.com/loading.html
OP,
I have owned some Audio Technica cartridges and they sound wonderful.  However, they can be just a little bit of a "zing" on the top end.  Not terribly bright, just a little bit of a zing.  You can do the research and maybe others won't have the same impression.  As you probably know, that all depends on the rest of your equipment.  I also own the Hana SL and found it to be one of the more "balanced" MC phono cartridges for the under $1,000 price range.  Tonally, very pleasant to listen to.  Channel separation is very good and provides excellent soundstage and imaging.  You really can't fault it, especially in that price class.  If you do buy one be sure to give it at least 50 hours of play time to break in the suspension.  It will then deliver its' best performance in the soundstage and imaging.  Really, a very nice phono cartridge.  FYI, it has an output of 0.5mv.
@atmasphere and @chakster
Assuming an LOMC cart (and proper arm mass matching compliance) I understand the inductance parameter being lowest will push the resonant frequency (ringing) further into non-audible spectrum, you also get the benefit of lowering the mass of the cart.So the only case of looking into a HOMC cartridge would be to take advantage of the obvious higher output allowing you to match it to a less "output capable" phono stage?

Thanks for the additional replies, especially to those who stayed on topic.

How about rebuild/serviceability?

Any brands or construction types that are more easily serviced?