Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
128x128millercarbon
Lol map, don’t most audiophile look for the next upgrade, the next level to better their sound. Be it new cables, a new tone arm, and amp, speakers, acoustic treatments, whatever. The pursuit of perfection never ends, because we will never achieve it. Yet we still strive for it. There is always room for improvement, in some way. No need to be jealous of someone who seems closer to his personal idea of perfection than most. Just be happy that their journey has progressed that far for them. The sarcasm can be felt from here. If we are really lucky maybe Miller can have Eric do a daily words of wisdom like Paul McGowan does if you subscribe to his mailing list, and miller can post it for us each day. Wouldn’t that be great?! 
No need to be jealous of someone who seems closer to his personal idea of perfection than most.

How do you reach that conclusion?

If MC starts posting for Eric that would be the end of any claims of being not connected and unbiased.

Weird thing to say...

The recent revelations in this thread have greatly dissuaded me away from Tekton. 
I was googling Tekton Encores like a mad lad the past couple of days, and thinking about emailing Eric. 
Poor craftsmanship, lazy wiring, cheap cabinetry without proper bracing, drivers that need to be dampened, gaping port holes that you can fit your hand through, cheap crossover parts...

Sounds like a ton of TLC needed for a speaker that costs 7K plus shipping. 
It’s a different approach to deliver a lot of physical speaker for 7K.

Like everything, surely not for everyone, despite the hype. The market is not cornered quite yet.

My way of thinking any speaker worth its salt that cost $7K a pair better sound good to a lot of people.
Eric is pretty adamant that speakers today are made first and foremost to look good. I'm thankful to him not just for my speakers, but for his devotion getting the most performance to the most people for the lowest cost. 

And now, back to the Moabs.