Who says cables don't make a difference?

Funny, after all these years, people still say things like "you wasted all that money on cables". 
There are still those who believe cables don't make a difference.
I once did marketing for a cable line I consider to be about the best-Stealth Audio Cables. 
One CES, I walked the rooms with the designer/owner, Serguei Timachev. He carried a pair of his then new Indra interconnects. Going from room to room he asked the room runners to replace their source to preamp IC with the Indra. There was not one that was not completely flabbergasted and said that the Indras blew away what they were using. That was the skyrocketing of Indra and Stealth. The Indra became one of the best reviewed cables ever.
Serguei now makes the Sakra-an IC that blows away the Indra!
I don't understand why some still do not value cables as much as I.
mglik
Is there a "bat signal" that goes up on cable denier sites every time Audiogon has a cable related thread? Just wondering...  
I recently compared Wireworld Platinum series 8,Tellurium Q Statements and Tara Labs XLR cables to each other. All three sound different in my system. Not a night and day difference, but easily discernible.  
Roberttdid,
                  I’m NOT being sarcastic, but serious. With your engineering background, and my background building PC’s since college, and KNOWING how to solder, let’s meet up, make some pretty/shiny cables(in China of course!), and retire on some nice warm island!! LOVE to do that!! And we can build some stands for the speaker cables out of carbon fiber maybe, and sell them as well. Oh, I forgot the $30.00 caps for the extra/unused IC RCA jacks, don’t want any mojo to leak out of them! Gotta cap ‘em! 
  Good business plan??

Robert is no longer with us, unless he’s been able to create another new account.
Glupson,

My audio system Is in a large room, with the equipment rack ideally situated at the far end of a 22 foot wall, whereas the power amp is 8 feet in along the further perpendicular wall.  I understand that, unlike speaker cables, interconnects can easily perform without signal degradation a distance of 40 feet or even longer — particularly if they are balanced with good XLR terminations.