Volti Razz Loudspeakers

Volti Audio recently introduced a new model horn speaker called the Razz. I purchased a pair from Greg Roberts, the owner of Volti Audio to replace a pair of Klipsch Heresy IIIs. Let me just say, these speakers are spectacular. Not only do they blow away the Heresy's, I also believe they would be a better choice than the new Klipsch Cornwall IV at around the same price. No disrespect to the Klipsch models, the Volti speakers are beautifully hand made and are built by a true craftsman. Check them out if you're in the market for a pair of Klipsch speakers or any other horn speaker. I am not in any way affiliated with Volti Audio, just a satisfied customer.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xhdbc3036
Razz appear to take up less floor space than Cornwalls, more like Fortes, no?

That would be a good thing for many who might be tighter with space for speakers. 
If I was going to buy a third set of loudspeakers to rotate in and out of my system, it would be these. As I have referenced in at least 4 other threads on this Board, I loved the sound of the Rivals at Axpona 19. My maxim, not that I have many of them, is that if you can create impressive sound at a show, you can do amazing things in a real listening room. I have read the S'phile review repeatedly. Greg was done no favor by S'phile assigning the review to Tom Gibbs. First and foremost, he does not have a track record of reviewing so that the reader can calibrate his/her preferences to the reviewer. Second, his review was not very well written. Gibbs did very little to convey the character, quality, strong points, and weaknesses of the loudspeaker. And last, Gibbs' equipment is only eclipsed in the modesty department by the much missed Stephen Mejias. 
Now one can validly say who cares what the review says and I could not agree more. I need to hear them and I am sure I would love them. I would like to know fwiw where Greg sources the drivers. There is a reference both on Greg's site and repeated again in the review that these are "one hundred year speakers". Is that referencing the cabinet or the drivers? In my experience, almost any cabinet can look good for a long time if babied. But drivers show their age more times than not. That though, is not why I ask. I like to know the driver manufacturer because certain names instill a sense of confidence. 
riaa......I know..The Vittora, along with the ELF, is quite a system, imo, and, amazingly beautiful, as well.
I don’t know about the latest Volti offering but I have heard the Heresy’s, all four types and the Cornwall 4. The Heresy’s are not even remotely close to the CW4 which is a very fine speaker. How it rates to the Razz I don’t know but one thing I will say is this CW4 does not need upgrade anything.

You bring up an excellent point about craftsmanship though and Greg uses great material like Baltic Birch. Klipsch is like most other companies now, including those fru fru high priced priced ones selling crap MDF boxes with veneer so they look good but are inferior in build quality. If the sound was similar and the price was too I would buy from Volti based on the superior cabinet alone.