Who says cables don't make a difference?

Funny, after all these years, people still say things like "you wasted all that money on cables". 
There are still those who believe cables don't make a difference.
I once did marketing for a cable line I consider to be about the best-Stealth Audio Cables. 
One CES, I walked the rooms with the designer/owner, Serguei Timachev. He carried a pair of his then new Indra interconnects. Going from room to room he asked the room runners to replace their source to preamp IC with the Indra. There was not one that was not completely flabbergasted and said that the Indras blew away what they were using. That was the skyrocketing of Indra and Stealth. The Indra became one of the best reviewed cables ever.
Serguei now makes the Sakra-an IC that blows away the Indra!
I don't understand why some still do not value cables as much as I.
mglik
“I dont know why this subject is not only controversial but all around all time....”

Because there are so many pseudo claims in the name of science behind a simple copper or silver wire to transform your audio system.
Hi,
they do,
do they justify the astronomic costs required?
Cables and cartridges are more difficult to do unless you have the gear to prove it, then, you pay you get, simple.

My OP was not intended to sell anyone one on Stealth cables. Although I cannot hide my prejudice toward them. My goal was to give an example IME of the value of cables. Does it not go without saying that Serguei and I limited our trial rooms to the very high end ones with ICs that retail for close to or much more than $6k?Research and development of cables is the same as any component and, perhaps, even more so. It is not the case that a solid 24 carat gold cable transfers of signal best. Cables like top line Stealth take years to develop and have extremely sophisticated architecture.
Would  I pay $6k for a cable or any component, no. AG clearly changed the Audio industry. However, there is a significant slice of the market that does buy retail and will pay top dollar. Regarding “room runners”, I use this term IME doing two California Audio Shows. “Running a room” is the person primarily responsible for speaking and selling in that room. 
lalitk
“I dont know why this subject is not only controversial but all around all time....”

Because there are so many pseudo claims in the name of science behind a simple copper or silver wire to transform your audio system.

>>>>>Whoa, dude! Pseudo claims in the name of science? I doubt it. Name one. Betcha can’t. You statement is what we call a pseudo argument, a logical fallacy. As if claiming the other side is unscientific or lying is sufficient to win the debate.🙄

You read my mind and saved me the typing :-)
djones512,346 posts06-28-2020 7:47pmI'm not following you, is the Indra a game changing product or a second rate piece of junk?