Buying a new TT today

So I’m pretty hellbent on buying a new TT today! Or should I be?!?!? 
I started off kind of sour on vinyl several years back when I ignorantly bought a cheap TT that had a built in phono stage.... Talk about a disappointment! And a buzz kill for vinyl!
Anyway a year or so later I bought a Project Carbon Debut and it blew my mind!!!!  The step up in most aspects of the TT, carbon fiber tone arm/heavier plinth/much heavier platter/motor and remote position/better cartridge in a Ortofon m2red, along with the fact the it was now running through my Integrated’s Phono Stage was just such a leap in sound that I never expected, that now I’m looking for yet another leap like that again lol
Anyway, with pocket flush with cash and headed to two hi-fi shops I pause....
In my new price range, $2,000 or so, should I be looking for a new TT? Or a new cartridge for the TT I have ?
thoughts.
264win
my vote is for any restored Thorens, Lenco, AR, Gerrard,  Linn or Denon in place any of the new entry level painted fiberboard VPI, Clear Audio, etc with cheap DC motor and wall wart.  Buy used and restored,  may come with decent cartridge. When you sell and upgrade chances are you will get all your investment back.  Check out Audigon listings. Sort by low to high and stop when it hits 25% above your budget.
chakster,

"I’ve been posting about it before but i want to remind that Neumann Lathemachine operates with Direct Drive Technics SP02 motor. Every record pressing production starts from this Neumann with Technics motor."

I'm glad you reminded us. These little 'details', whilst so important, can so easily get lost, forgotten or just simply ignored. 

"And the new motor from Technics now is the best you can buy. They gave their customers so many options to buy different models with amazing Direct Drive motor, starts from $1700 for SL1200GR and going higher and better in every next model."

And this is also going to be difficult to argue against. For any belt driven turntable at any price.
I believe you will get greater improvement from upgrading your cartridge. The impact they have is HUGE!!
I start with 2 positions that some folks will disagree with. For analog reproduction the turntable is the most important purchase. And, at a given price point (anywhere near what you would like to spend), a belt drive will provide better SQ than a direct drive.

That being said I would suggest a used VPI. Because a TT is a mechanical device you can quickly evaluate what you get (including a look at the bearing and thrust pad--ask the seller to photograph these). There are lots of VPIs out there so you should find something at your budget. There’s also lots of help out there from VPI owners, and at VPI and its forum, should you need it. They are flexible and upgradeable.

The major advantage, as I see it, of a DD TT is the "set it and forget it" ease of operation--no fussing. If you see that as a major factor then go for it.
VPI Scout Prime - You can score a 'demo' or 'blem' for $2,000. From there you are into a system like a camera with interchangeable lenses: you can keep it basic or upgrade over time. Motor, platter, arm mount, arm tube,cabling, even the plinth. That kind of investment protection is something no other table can claim.

Look, for $2,000, any table you look at is going to be pretty damn good. But they are all mostly dead ends except the VPI. 

And as others have suggested, throw a Blue Stylus on your Ortofon, and listen to what it is capable of - which is quite a bit, actually - while your bank account recharges, then step into MC cartridge land. In my nearly 50 years in the hobby, there have never been so many excellent MCs available, and so reasonably priced - under $1,000, even under $500.

Ortofon, Audio Technica, Dynavector, and Sumiko aren't exactly slouches in this area, but the buzz is all over Hana, and they are available in low and high output versions (as are some Sumiko and Dynavector), making the MC preamp and another set of interconnects 'barrier to entry' optional. If you are listening to mostly vintage vinyl, the EH (elliptical) is the easiest to setup and live with.  If you are more into the Music Direct re-release catalog, then consider the $750 SH (Shibata) or $1200 MH (Microline).