Anyone under 30?

Lots of cool people, not a lot my age. I hope I am not the only one bringing up the rear.
ohlala
I have been appreciating live orchestral since I was 15 or so. That was 11 years ago, so I guess I'm under that magic number, though not for too much longer. Xiekitchen makes a good point. Another problem is money. I bought my first system, mostly used, for about $2800 all told, and that was pretty tough on me budgetwise. That's because I was 23 and hadn't made too many dimes in the world yet. I think for most people it takes a few years to make enough money to have the ridiculous notion that it's OK to spend this kind of money on audio gear.
Xiekithen,

I am 30 here, and find that it is the raised noses of those who think that only classical,jazz, or blues are worthy forms of music to be heard thru a high-end system is one of the reasons many younger people forgo it.

What ive learned hear from reading some of the posts, most recently a post last week on where to find vinyl on line, is that members who have spent a great deal of time and money on their systems,Albertporter for example, listen to music such as I. (Bjork, Radiohead) High end can be enjoyed by all forms of music and shouldnt be limited to the black tie crowd.
I'm under 30 but not by much. I got into this stuff when I was 19 but you really don't the money to get serious until you are older.
Hey old folks!
Do Ya think that no under 30 goes to the live performances???
Do Ya think that WE do not aim for better sound listening to 2" computer speakers???
As for me such thing as going to the symphony hall is pretty rare, but I do often attend any kind of underground and progressive concerts in NY that are mostly unamplified since they're often played in small hangouts and clubs. If I'm going to the symphony hall -- it's mostly for ballet. I also have an occasional opportunity to play for myself and certainly listen to unamplified self when I play accordeon guitar or bandoneon. I like avant jazz, progressive rock, classic rock, fusion jazz, tango, krautrock, neoclassical music and some of the individual performers from different music directions(Ry Cooder is a country music player for instance).
I am about to turn 30 next year so you ain't alone Ohlala!
I've got introduced to high end audio gear in St. Petersburg, Russia when I was under 20 translating from English an electronic and audio equipment from different countries. Rich russian guys such as diplomats, government kins, artists and singers were seeking English speaking people via newspaper ads to help them to manage understanding of complicated manuals of musical and audio equipment. The first high-end "hello" was with Linn Sondek LP12 when the owner did not even know that he needed phono preamp for his setup! Almost all Russian made turntables had built-in phonos.
I do aim always for better sound and I do sometimes go crazy doing upgrade after upgrade... I do love analogue and most of my collection is analogue records.
YES! I am 23, started wish a [yuck] Bose system when I was 19. Quickly upgraded to some Martin Logan Aerius about a year later. Six months after that, I bought some Thiel 2.3s and an Audio Research D-130. I also acquired a Sonic Frontiers Line 2 and SFCD-1. Through several iterations, I arrived at a Mark Levinson 333 amp and 36 CD player along with B&W N802 speakers. Finally, I now have gone from 2ch to home theater based around Martin Logan, Classe, and Audo Refinement.

I'm into analog as well, but recently sold my VPI Mk IV table (had to buy an engagement ring). I listen to mostly classic rock and classical with a bit of popular music thrown in.

Good to see more people my age in the hobby!