It was 20 years ago today...

...that I joined the Audiogon community. Cheers to those that have just hit the big two oh, those that are about to, and the new members just starting the journey to connect in even better ways with the music that they love.

And my thoughts are with those that have left us and passed on. Patrick, I really miss you.
128x128viridian
JD and Andy, you gents are amazing. Between the two of you 13 posts in 44 years, thanks for weighing in and still being around.

And it’s great to hear from all of those that joined the community ahead of me. You’re making me feel young....kind of.
Mike, I don’t know if you remember, but several years back you were so gracious to host the Portland contingent lead by Jim Howard, another great friend no longer with us, and the indefatigable Colby Lamb, who is very much, still with us.

Thank you for your hospitality, I would love to visit with you again some day
i do remember that visit. you (and friends, if that works) would be most welcome for a return visit anytime. sorry to hear about Jim Howard, RIP.

these days the traffic between Portland and Seattle is much less stressful.....but not sure how long that might last.

i now have a Win Tinnon built Saskia model two tt, which i think Colby had a hand in some of the early machining/design. not sure if he was involved in my later version. i sure love this tt.

i hope it happens and please PM me when it could work. i'm really 'over' the whole COVID issues and ready to host listeners again when they are game. we can mask or glove or distance to whatever degree (or lack thereof) you desire.

@viridian Many happy returns, old sport!
A’gon has me as a member since 1970 -- how’s that for early, eh!

And my thoughts are with those that have left us and passed on. Patrick, I really miss you.
Another uniquely gracious, knowledgeable, and deeply humane member is no longer with us: Detlof.
In my book Detlof was one of the great men to have graced our earthly shores; a psychiatrist, philosopher, a unique human being, and an audio and music-phile -- happily (for me) because audio is how we met.
Keep safe everyone!

It was 19 year ago today!
I, too, was on that fateful trip to *Mike's place with Jim Howard, RIP.
World class* stereo, indeed and gracious host.