It was 20 years ago today...

...that I joined the Audiogon community. Cheers to those that have just hit the big two oh, those that are about to, and the new members just starting the journey to connect in even better ways with the music that they love.

And my thoughts are with those that have left us and passed on. Patrick, I really miss you.
128x128viridian
My start date was around 20 years ago. Just looking back on my 1st sales on agon, early 2001 when the listing fee was $2. Bring back the good old days
Thanks to all for the overwhelmingly positive response!
Foxy mentions Albert Porter. I have been in the hobby for so long that Albert and I used to trade through Audio Mart, a print publication from before the invention of the internet. Back in those days we would think nothing of sending the gear before the check had arrived. Of course PayPal was many years in the future as well.
Hi all

I joined Audiogon in 1998 and enjoyed it’s evolution. I more enjoyed the changes in equipment but also recognized that more things change, the more they stay the same. High end audio should remain true to the source. Turntable, preamp/amp, and speakers. Simple. 
I bought my Roksan Caspian on here in 1998 and other than a little static on the volume pot it's still going strong. Got my totem hawks here in maybe 2007 along with my Zu speaker cables. I swapped out a few different ones before sticking with these. Thanks for years of me searching for the sound and helping me find it.