It was 20 years ago today...

...that I joined the Audiogon community. Cheers to those that have just hit the big two oh, those that are about to, and the new members just starting the journey to connect in even better ways with the music that they love.

And my thoughts are with those that have left us and passed on. Patrick, I really miss you.
128x128viridian
January 30th 2001 was the date I joined.  I don’t get to listen that much anymore since suffering chronic migraines a little over three years ago.  I’m facing the unfortunate reality that I need to get rid of a lot of gear.  It’s a tough decision to make.

I still like to read the forums to retain some audio life and help with information when I can.
Well done all those 20+ years contributing to the forum 🥳

I do see a trend though. Those relatively recent joiners have enormous numbers of posts compared to the 20+ group. The quiet achievers? 🇦🇺

I remember the early adopters and posters as well, but I don’t remember when I first found the site. My join date says Feb 1, 2001 but that’s just what got filled in when Audiogon adopted its new format. Looking through some of my transactions it looks like the earliest are from 1999 so maybe that’s when I joined. I do remember learning a lot from some of those early guys.