Unbelievable

Yamaha really made this statement:

Glossy black piano finish provides improved signal-to-noise performance

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/speaker_systems/ns-5000/index.html

I thought I would seek opportunity to hear these speakers, but now I do not think so

sashav
Interesting marketing claim. 
Yamaha is an exceptional engineering and manufacturing organization with a long history related to musical instruments and audio equipment. 
It may be worth a listen....
No more outlandish than the claims made by the purveyors of "audiophile" wire and fuses!
Hmmmm, just thinking.  While researching Etsuro Urushi cartridges, I learned that as China has excellent porcelain, Japan has excellent lacquer products.  Japanese lacquer was strong enough to be used in Japanese armor.  It's not hard to believe that a thick coat of lacquer can change the vibration pattern of the speaker.

Can a vibration pattern affect the s/n of components, aka can the signal be increased (doubtful) or the noise reduced?  I do know that electrical components can react to vibrations, that's why we have vibration mitigating platforms and racks.  

That's all I got because s/n calculations are for now beyond my feeble mind.
Ah but the failing is that with piano music, the piano must be a Yamaha, preferably the same color. If not, the sound will be colored. (BTW, I do remember the NS-1000's. Wow. I was hooked.)
"Silly audiophillys!  EVERYONE Gnos that sound slides off slick finish betta than ripply wood vinyls!  And pseudo-would no have grainy gaps that trap tonals!

Buybuybuybuybuybye...."

(Sucka born every minute....)