Unbelievable

Yamaha really made this statement:

Glossy black piano finish provides improved signal-to-noise performance

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/speaker_systems/ns-5000/index.html

I thought I would seek opportunity to hear these speakers, but now I do not think so

sashav
The NS 5000 are some of the best speakers I have heard up to $60K. The speakers that were even more expensive just played better in really large rooms. The NS 5000 is well worth a listen. If you are in the USA you can get a 2 month home trial from the online vendors who sell at MSRP.

Yamaha has left Beryllium behind (from the 1970’S NS 1000) for their drivers and are now onto some new material. Sounds better than Be drivers to me.

There is also a new NS 3000 monitor and the much bigger NS 5000 "bookshelf" for shelves made of steel. I expect a NS 4000 to be introduced soon.
Interesting marketing claim. 
Yamaha is an exceptional engineering and manufacturing organization with a long history related to musical instruments and audio equipment. 
It may be worth a listen....
No more outlandish than the claims made by the purveyors of "audiophile" wire and fuses!
Hmmmm, just thinking.  While researching Etsuro Urushi cartridges, I learned that as China has excellent porcelain, Japan has excellent lacquer products.  Japanese lacquer was strong enough to be used in Japanese armor.  It's not hard to believe that a thick coat of lacquer can change the vibration pattern of the speaker.

Can a vibration pattern affect the s/n of components, aka can the signal be increased (doubtful) or the noise reduced?  I do know that electrical components can react to vibrations, that's why we have vibration mitigating platforms and racks.  

That's all I got because s/n calculations are for now beyond my feeble mind.
Ah but the failing is that with piano music, the piano must be a Yamaha, preferably the same color. If not, the sound will be colored. (BTW, I do remember the NS-1000's. Wow. I was hooked.)