Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
128x128millercarbon
Wow. Every once in a while someone truly alert and adept thinks of something so obvious its a total "I coulda had a V8" moment. This is one. Why this never occurred to me before I cannot even imagine. Probably I was thrown off by things like professional reviewer teajay saying the Moab is so close to the Ulf there's only a shade more power in the low midrange/upper bass between them. But not you! You figured out what we could not! What a total waste of time this has been. Sorry. So very, very sorry. How can you ever forgive me??
Didn't see elsewhere in the thread  before the post you made above that you were getting upgrades , including in your earlier post about providing a thorough review  of the Moab. I was making a simple comment , but whatever. Enjoy your Moab
Hey, where’d it go? The last MC post has been removed. Hate that. Shudda got the V8. Classic.
Eric must have an upgrade for the Moab that is similar to the $300 upgrade he offers on the Double Impact. It offers Cardas copper inputs, mil-spec wiring, Mundorf caps and Sledgehammer inductors. It’s not on the Moab upgrade pop-up window though. It makes sense that it would be more like $500 since there’s much more happening with the Moab. I’ll have to give him a call tomorrow and see if I need that for mine. I don’t know how it would affect my speakers since I took the Bi-amp option. 
You will dig the tweeter array set up. In my opinion you hear more information from the mid and high’s in the music. It’s like the array divides up The workload and everything is done more efficiently by splitting up the work. That’s why I decided to go to the Moab from the double impact because the array is twice the size in the Moab.
Hey, where’d it go? The last MC post has been removed. Hate that. Shudda got the V8. Classic.

Yes but Classic only in the world of grownups who haven’t been programmed to think of themselves as special snowflakes entitled to glide though life able to say and do whatever they want but no one else so entitled. To them I am McCluskey with the flame thrower  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fzsW-YMn_M

Old school grownups learned what makes a review of value is full disclosure. Its why we always list the associated components, describe setup, burn in, all that stuff. Its why this one frequently posts links to his system. So the reader can decide for him or her self what is relevant and how to interpret it. This we called having perspective. Today only one perspective is allowed, all others must be banished, in the name of- get this- tolerance, inclusiveness, and diversity.

Eric must have an upgrade for the Moab that is similar to the $300 upgrade he offers on the Double Impact. It offers Cardas copper inputs, mil-spec wiring, Mundorf caps and Sledgehammer inductors. It’s not on the Moab upgrade pop-up window though.

Mundorf, Cardas, wire, right. Don’t know about Sledgehammer, didn’t come up. Would be nice to have the time to really talk about these things. My few short conversations its clear the guy really knows this stuff inside out.

It makes sense that it would be more like $500 since there’s much more happening with the Moab.

Actually the way I understand it, those upgrades are only about $2-300. The Ulf uses a better tweeter. Not Be just better. Not a lot, in fact he said the difference is hard to hear especially at first but after a while you realize its just better. Which was enough for me! Well it makes sense because when spread the cost of $500 over 15 drivers that is only $33 per hardly like the Be which is closer to $500 per.

There is a lot more happening in all his speakers than meets the eye.