Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
tomthiel

Last week I read and watched a program describing this Neuronal Overload syndrome. Yes, it is a real medical diagnosis. The subject (person) could not tolerate any EMF/RMF stimulation from simple household appliances, cellular, internet, the list went on. 
Very rare in the global population at this time. I suspect as the entire world attempts to go,  full-on cellular/wifi, many more will suffer.
There is something to be said for living far away from the grid, especially, in places like New York City. Good to read that a provider was able to help you beat this dangerous condition.

Thank You for the time travel back into 1975. As always, the history lesson was informative and valuable as you take those mental notes into application today(2020).

After the 2.2, which model(s) are on your overhaul radar?

Happy Listening!

tomthiel

2nd Note:
Recorded music is more important now than ever.  Have fun!

Happy Listening!
I find it interesting to explore places I used to live or used to spend time at on Google maps.  I figure that old farmhouse must've been real close to here and judging by the look of the houses there now it might still be standing.  Look familiar?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/602+S+Broadway+St,+Georgetown,+KY+40324/@38.2038309,-84.5603159,3a...
Hi @tomthiel

Sounds like you have a lot of work but all of it is engaging and creative so I am sure you are well motivated.

I did some experimenting a while ago with coils and conductors and discovered how easy it was to have a coil couple via capacitance to traces underneath it. Wonder if you are running into that as well.

Best of luck,

Erik
 I disassembled one (original prototype # -0004) cabinet, removed the crossover and wired only the woofer to the input terminal. The other (-0003) was left as a reference with the internal XO and woofer intact, but with the midrange and tweeter disconnected. I built the woofer section for -0004 by the new layout while using all the original parts in the original orientations. No upgrades, changes or replacements to confuse the issues.

. . .

#-0004 reference "A" exhibited splatting on every bass+drum hit. It would be attributed to amp clipping or passive radiator and/or woofer bottoming - overload / or just plain too loud for the material. But I didn't turn it down. On -0003 external XO "B", those same hits were audible, but not extreme, in fact they played more like "hard punch" than distortion. . . . Of extreme interest is that speaker A sounded like a woofer, somewhat woofy, lacking the detail one would get from the midrange and tweeter. Speaker B sounded like a full-range presentation; subjectively it was satisfying on its own terms. I had to check to make sure I hadn't somehow left the midrange or tweeter connected. I hadn't.
G'morning Tom
Either my coffee hasn't kicked in or your speaker numbering is flipped from one paragraph to the next. Regardless, it sounds like you heard a *massive* improvement "simply" by moving to an external crossover.

Oy! I am supposed to be done with my mods!!!LOL
FWIW, one of my all-time top 4-5 speakers is the Avalon Ascent, possibly the only external XO speaker I've heard.