What Percentage Off Would You Expect to Discount For Open Box Amp with Blemish

The amp is also a discontinued model which I believe should be further discounted.  So how much off  on a $3200 amp is the question? I called the dealer with a few questions. I asked if the amp would be on sale for Memorial Day since it’s a discontinued model. The girl said they didn’t do many sales on this brand (I know they do) Anyway,  she looked and found an open box in warehouse. She knocked 12% off MSRP. Does that sound right? Or should there be more discount due to blemish?  I think the later. I’ve always thought 10-12% off to be the norm discount on prime products.I know this isn't set in stone. But what is "normal" ? Whats your thought? Thanks for your input
128x128artemus_5
Some brands are discounted, others not so much.  It would help to know the brand and what exactly the blemish is.  How would it rate on the Audiogon scale of grading?  Without the proper information, everyone is giving their guesstimates.
Agree %40 minimum!

Hope u get what ur looking for!

Wheel and deal!

older amp, with blemish, would expect %40-%50 off with warranty.

good luck
Regarding the blemish, it honestly depends on whether I can live with it or not.
Usually I can.

So then it depends on how good of a deal.
Make an offer. Maybe they will take it. But don't take it personal if they don't. 
They don't have to discount, and they don't owe a discount on it.

@tom_hankins is right, but hey, the box is open, the amp is discontinued, and it has a BLEMISH!!!

OMG, as the youngsters say.

You should get it for free, or THEY SHOULD PAY YOU to take it off their hands, right?

RIGHT!!!

Then, when it needs service, the sign at the front of the store will read:

OUT OF BUSINESS

Good luck!