Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
tomic601

Precisely- articulate and musical (timbre) are the exact characteristics that sold me on the CS 2.4 vs. Vandy 3A signature in the same room, same gear.  To date, I have not heard the 5A/5A carbon(signature).
I did hear the Quattro and Treo and these two models do not better CS 2.4 through CS 3.7 to my ears. Model Seven is unreal and could very well  be the absolute sound (custom room must accompany these loudspeakers). Hifi Buys Atlanta has such a room.

Happy Listening!
On pistonic for less...$$$$$ that is indeed the quest - part of the current issue is affordable core material ( air is free, balsa is not ) CF skins in prepreg, machining, autoclave time and then integrating it all into a top notch basket/magnet/motor and pole piece assy - aka Scanspeak ....

but remarkable that it is less than $750k paper midrange...

fun, something to do....
@erik_squires, I am truly trying not to be petty, but,  though the thread was about specific models, you posted. “Thiel’s”, not CS2’s, and you also posted “anytime”. It’s not the only time you’ve posted a less than favorable perspective on Thiel’s, As far as I’m concerned that’s fine; your entitled to your opinion. I tend to remember the opinions of those I’ve come to respect. Peace.
tomthiel

I will take the poor man's implementation (Jim's design) every time.
Pure magic in his loudspeakers!

Happy Listening!
@Jafant - I agree about the cost effective implementation.  There's a lot of value in making something people don't need to be rich to own.  That approach is why this thread exists.  There'll never be a Wilson or magico equivalent.  So many people have been able to own and appreciate Thiel products.  So few Wilson or magico.  People with widely varying backgrounds, tastes, budgets, etc. own and appreciate Thiels.  Oil sheiks and stock brokers own the vanity brands.