What kind of listener are you?

I'm an All-Arounder: Equal parts Analytical, Thrill, and Feeling. Push comes to shove feeling matters most, but they are all very close to equally important to me. 

This is a very useful breakdown of a very complex subject, listening. How we listen to and evaluate components and systems. 
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ndZrj7DSmk00WIORrcS_siKnUK_kj3SrFFamrWJxGh8/edit#heading=h.2x4z0...

What kind of listener are you?
128x128millercarbon
mc,
I think the link you use is one leg of three things which affect what one hears.
-Equipment
-Recording
-Room

Perhaps I miss your point?
That Origin Live document is itself pretty "analytical," but interesting nonetheless.
For me, accuracy of instrumental timbre is probably most important, followed by spatial realism (soundstage width and depth, instrumental placement, "air" around instruments). But that would be primarily for acoustic ensembles: chamber orchestras, string quartets, jazz groups. For rock, tight and accurate bass is obviously important at loud volumes. Someone on this site has mentioned somewhere that large orchestras don't come across well on any but the most uncompromising (and expensive) systems in acoustically benevolent spaces, and I think that's true. For me, small chamber orchestras that are well recorded are among the most satisfying, and exciting, to hear on my system. Any of the Orpheus recordings of Haydn symphonies, for example, fall into this category.
change to Shinkoh resistor if you want and more intimate, emotional sound, change to Audio Note if you what a little more open musical sound just not as emotional. It is not the speakers so much.

Happy Listening.
As a classical piano student, and newly returning to this hobby, I unknowingly started out as an analytical listener.  Trying to catch the intonations, delicacy of touch, etc. as the performer expressed dynamics.

I realized this when a few songs of different kinds of music played for a while.  Wasn't focusing on anything.

Just sitting there listening.  Enjoying.  Not "critical" listening.  Musical listening.
No urges to get up and tweak the toe in, mess with knobs (except volume).

I am not knocking analytical listening which is enjoyable in its own right.
But "musical, feel, thrill" listening, ... when caught in it, everything disappears.  Time, the room, just about everything.

Guess I'm guilty for often overlooking these qualities when caught up analytically listening.

I found that I had to first be an analytic listener; this enabled me to understand the mysterious terms my friends were tossing around.  Such an approach lead to my being able to both discern and appreciate soundstage width, height and depth, along with image placement.  Ever since receiving my first AM transistor radio, I have wanted to hear “everything” within a song.  I just knew that there was more to “Riders on the Storm”, “Cecilia”, and so many other great songs than what my little radio passed on.  My ongoing quest is the attainment of a system that is both revealing and musically involving.  I believe that I am there (at least until the next IC, fuse, or whatever comes along to take me further on this wonderful journey).