Suggestions for $2k budget

Greetings, and I hope you are all well.
Looking for speaker advice on a $2k budget. Used or new, tower or bookshelf, doesn't matter. I'm about a year into my audiophile journey and am about to buy a house with a small to medium sized space I'll be using as a listening room. I listen to mostly rock/electronic 
I respect your opinions very much, would be very grateful for any tips!
Thank you,
Bryce
bryce_3
How much reliable power dies your (presumably old) Adcom have into 4ohms? If it has a lot of power/current then would recommend the .7 Maggies for a smaller room and they need space behind them and a fairly closed shaped room to get enough bass without subs. But you can certainly get new .7s for less than $2500 with 2 new Emotiva 8" BassX subs or similar. 
look for klipsch KLF 30
$800-1200
upgrade the crossovers and tweeters Bob Crites $350
And you have one of the best out there with 102dB efficient you’re going to spend less on amplifier/Tube 
There can be 100 different brands and models to look at. Everybody has an opinion. You should go demo some speakers at hifi stores, or at shows and get a feel for what you like. Each brand has their own sound. If you like a certain brand that you heard that you liked, then ask the group which speakers in this group would best match your system and room size. I wouldn't go out and buy any speaker or audio component without hearing it or its brand 1st