About to audition Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Grand Reference - advice?

Hi,
I have been listening to Aerial Acoustics 7Bs ( 86 dB sensitivity) for nearly 20 years.  About to audition the VA Beethoven Grand Reference.  90 dB sensitivity.  $12k.  I have a Balanced Audio Technology VK75SE - 75 watts.  700 Joules of power.
Question #1: I always felt the Aerials were under powered.  I'm going to hear the VA BGR with a Pass amp -- not tubes.  Does anyone have any LISTENING experience with this new speaker using 75 watts of tube power?
Question #2: Suggestions for speakers in the $8-12K range ... good for full orchestra (think Mahler 5th), jazz (HHancock, Miles, FHubbard etc), female vocals and 70s rock (Zep, AC/DC, Neil, Yes, Genesis).  Aesthetics are VERY important.  And space is an issue, so no large panels.
Thanks.

Joe
128x128jmfawdofile
Joe, what model Van Den Hul cables do you have? What don't you like about them? I've read that they're not very dynamic sounding, whats your impressions?
Beeyhoven grands are amazing.
not so much a rock speaker, more for soft rock, acoustic, jazz, etc.  

75W is way underpowered.
     You need more power.
Congratulations on your acquisition.

Timely thread.

I'm about to throw out a ridiculous offer on the little sister- Beethoven Concert Grand SE. Hope it sticks. 

These are unfortunate times for all of us but, I've been mentioning for over a month it's time to pounce on that audio gear deal if you're in position to do so. Best time to submit outrageous counteroffers, since it's REALLY a  buyers market now.

I would love to stare at a new pair of boxes while riding out this bad movie.