High Output Preamp for First Watt SIT-3?

I'm new to the audiophile world and recently purchased a First Watt SIT-3 with Magnepan .7s.  I have a Mytek Brooklyn Bridge for streaming, though I prefer to play vinyl with my Mofi Ultradeck.  The Mytek serves as the phono stage (69dB gain for MM?), and I don't use a preamp;  the Brooklyn is connected directly to the First Watt. 

I understand that the SIT-3 is only 11.5 dB of gain, and that's extremely low compared to most amps.  I like most everything about the system except for the fact that I have the Mytek maxed out volume-wise many days.  Certain LPs are cut quieter, and I wish I had more power.  There are times streaming where the Maggies aren't getting to their sweet spot.  I realize the Maggies are a lower sensitivity speaker. 

What should I look for in a preamp to fully drive the SIT-3?  Eventually, I'd like to replace the phono stage instead of relying on the Brooklyn.  Is there a tube preamp featuring a phono stage with sufficient output to drive my amp in the $4k range?  Otherwise, I'm eyeing the Modwright PH 9.0 and a linestage preamp, realizing that this will probably be costlier.  I'm looking for a warm sound, not analytical but engaging. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.  I'm a working musician with a basic understanding of related electronics but little experience in this world. 

murphbass
I had to chime in... I agree with others that it's a poor speaker / amp mismatch.    I have been using a pair of 40 w mono tube amps for a few years.  I pair them with a few lower sensitivity speakers and they were good, but when I connected a pair of Heresy III up they were such a much better combo.  Plenty of power on tap they are so efficient.   I have had them 2 years and amp going to move up to a Forte or maybe larger in the future.  

I heard a pair of the Forte III with the new Luxman 10 watt tube amp and it was scary lifelike.  I had a "non audio" buddy with me and he was blown away at how life like it sounded....   don't sell that amp what ever you , it just needs the right speaker to be jaw dropping

You may have to try a few different speakers  but it will be worth it
@oddiofyl 

Spot on about not selling the SIT3. With the proper speakers, OMG!
I also have the combination of a First Watt SIT-3 and Magnepan .7's. Like the OP I also made this choice largely on the basis of the Herb Reichert and Steve Guttenberg reviews. In my case I also have a similar sized listening room (10.5' X 12.5') to that of Herb Reichert, so I knew that I would not need as much power. In my space, the combo is absolutely wonderful at the listening levels I prefer. To the OP I would recommend checking out the Supratek line of preamps as possible high gain options. I have a latest generation Supratek Chardonnay and it is a wonderful combination with the SIT-3. Of course YMMV.
Greg
Keep the SIT3, pair it with a MicroZOTL preamp and a pair of Zu speakers and I think you would be very happy. 
It's possible you might never know how good the Maggies can sound until you try a proper amp that can really make them sing.