Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
jazzman7

Good to read that Quintessence Audio is alive and well.

Happy Listening!
Hello all!

Regarding the recent discussion on cables, I had always been interested in the Alpha-Core Goertz cables & the principals behind their design. Having read that these match well with Thiels has only peaked my interest even further.  However, their have been some comments on other posts/forums regarding the lack of a Zobel network and possible damage using the Goertz design? I have to admit, I tried to understand the discussion, but it was over my head.  Are there any considerations needed when using cables of this type?  Checking on The Cable Company website, the Goertz cables are very competitively priced.  As reference, my current speaker cables are MIT AVT-3.  

Thanks for any input...Hope you & yours are safe & well!

Arvin
@arvincastro, Alpha-Core offers (ed?) a free trial, with only shipping costs to be incurred. There is no sound reason not to use the RC networks (zobels) and they are only used to keep some amplifiers from going into oscillation. I strongly suggest using the RC networks! The original flat MI (copper) and AG ( silver) seem to be the preferred sounding versions. The later twisted runs are reputed to be more durable. The  silver spades also seem to be the preferred terminations. Alpha-Core used to recommend the series #’s  1, 2 , 3 based upon amplifier output. I seem to remember recommendations of up to 150 Watts for the 1’s, up to 250 Watts for the 2’s and the 3’s for 250 Watts and up. The MI’s due to materials used are much less expensive than the AG’s. Whether or not one prefers MI’s (copper) or AG’s (silver) will come down to personal taste and budget, The specs are quite similar. FYI, all of the above refers to the speaker cables only. 
@unsound my ears are burning and you are right.  For me Straightwire maestro is the best sounding sub 1k speaker wire for both sets of my Thiels.  They also beat out several way more expensive cables.  I have always said you don’t need to spend crazy money on speaker cables with Thiels, just good quality “bang for your buck” designs like SW. 

Goertz Alpha-core MI 2 are a very close second for me.  I have been using MIT EVO 2 in a full loom for about a year now, excellent combo of revealing yet still musical.   Very difficult to get both qualities out of cables.