Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
@listening99   Several months back I upgraded my electronics from Marantz Reference 15s2 series to the Marantz Ruby CD/Integrated.  I was a bit reluctant only because the output of this unit is Class D, Ncore.  That concern was quickly put to rest. What I heard with the new combo was an even more expansive soundstage, better clarity and detail, a bit better low end impact all while maintaining that smooth sound Marantz is known for.  

While this may be a bit above budget,  I think it's a great unit.  There are many different opinions on what amps sound "best" with the DI's (or Moabs) but I really gets down to personal taste/what music you like.  For me, I really enjoy the clarity and power of Class D--especially in the way Marantz has implemented this output stage.
Good see this thread rejuvenated.

Well stated corelli, Tektons sound great with a variety of amps from SET’s to large SS amps. Ones personal preferences will determine which will suit them best. 
Congrats on your new amp corelli, glad you’re enjoying it so much. The DI’s will definitely fully exhibit upstream changes. 
I think it’s about time I put my SE’s back into my system for a change of pace to my single driver Omega’s and for some nostalgia. No, the SE’s aren’t perfect but that are damn good.

I have my eye on a used Peachtree Nova, which is Class D. It would mainly be for a secondary system pushing KEF LS50s in a small room, but I can’t help but wonder how it would sound with my DIs. Anyone heard this combo?
The DI is stated to handle 400 watts - I assume, per channel. The DI SE, 500, and the Moabs 900. 

Is anyone running this kind of wattage?

The d-sonic amp runs roughly 750 wpm into 4 ohms, and even boasts 1200 into 2 ohms. Is anyone playing with this kind of power, or anything close?

I've got a passive pre, and I'm not particularly clear on the interaction between the pre and the amp, in terms of input/output voltages - perhaps this is a tech question that need to be answered here, as well...
Keeping in mind the DI's and Moabs are very efficient speakers, I can't imagine needing more wattage than what I have (around 150 wpc into 4 ohms).  Now I am sure someone out there may be using a high powered class D amp, but for the sake of your ears I urge caution.  The quality and voicing of the amp are going to be far more important than the wattage in almost every case.  So while they can handle that wattage they surely do not need that wattage.

Our friend almarg can answer any questions on amplifier gain.  There are a number of cool class D modules/kits out there that I have seen.  I just wonder if a passive pre might result in sound that is "too clean" or sterile.  Maybe a simple tubed pre.  So many options!