Hi tablejockey... No EVO setup,just the Dialogue Premium preamp... which I love!
I owned 2 Akitas in the early 80's and they are a great breed for sure. I snatched the photo online...mine had similar markings.
Well there is an ocean of difference In sound quality between The Dialogue Premium power amp and the Evo 400.

I bought the Dialogue Premium (DP) 2 weeks ago and put about 150 hours on it. Day one: It sounded good...great bass, good dynamics and lush. But my previous 2 amps had much better detail/resolution. Still I gave it a chance rolled some tubes in there. Today and 150 hours later...I drove it down to Upscale Audio and traded up to the Evo 400.

I looked online to see the internals of the DP and DP/HP. There’s a lot more ’pink’ in the HP...meaning way more Takman resistors in the HP and slightly better coupling caps. I also compared the insides of the HP to the Evo 400. There are only subtle upgrades. The Evo 300 shows the biggest upgrade from the DP. Still, I didn’t want to make this trip again...so I decided to go up to 8 power tubes.

From the very first note, the Evo 400 had much better resolution...micro details. My previous amp was a Don Sachs Kootenay...and the DP just couldn’t cut it. The Evo 400, I can live with it. I may decide to upgrade the coupling caps after I break this amp in. But right now, there’s enough there there.
My system:
2 dedicated audio lines>Technics 1200G>Audio Technica VM740ML>Project RS Phono Preamp>Don Sachs Model 2 Preamp>PrimaLuna Evo 400>Salk Songtowers

The only weak link in the PL preamps is the slightly-better-than-average volume attenuator.
While not bad...it would be better to have a high end stepped attenuator.

@sandthemall What preamp would you say has a better volume attenuator thatn the Primaluna? PS Audio BHK, or Rogue audio RP-7?
Sorry for the late reply! But that answer I don’t know. I do know that my Don Sachs Preamp has a very nice stepped attenuator. I have no experience with PS Audio or Rogue. I did own a NAD preamp with an Alps Blue Velvet attenuator as in the Primaluna...they’re fine and completely analogue. But at this level, a nice stepped attenuator is what you want.