The move to balanced outputs was purely borne from marketing.  I could tell from past videos how frustrated Kevin was that many consumers simply need to see XLR connections to justify the purchase, regardless if they could ever tell the difference sonically.  He's playing to the market and I don't blame him...he's a businessman, not an audio purist.
Hi tablejockey... No EVO setup,just the Dialogue Premium preamp... which I love!
I owned 2 Akitas in the early 80's and they are a great breed for sure. I snatched the photo online...mine had similar markings.
Well there is an ocean of difference In sound quality between The Dialogue Premium power amp and the Evo 400.

I bought the Dialogue Premium (DP) 2 weeks ago and put about 150 hours on it. Day one: It sounded good...great bass, good dynamics and lush. But my previous 2 amps had much better detail/resolution. Still I gave it a chance rolled some tubes in there. Today and 150 hours later...I drove it down to Upscale Audio and traded up to the Evo 400.

I looked online to see the internals of the DP and DP/HP. There’s a lot more ’pink’ in the HP...meaning way more Takman resistors in the HP and slightly better coupling caps. I also compared the insides of the HP to the Evo 400. There are only subtle upgrades. The Evo 300 shows the biggest upgrade from the DP. Still, I didn’t want to make this trip again...so I decided to go up to 8 power tubes.

From the very first note, the Evo 400 had much better resolution...micro details. My previous amp was a Don Sachs Kootenay...and the DP just couldn’t cut it. The Evo 400, I can live with it. I may decide to upgrade the coupling caps after I break this amp in. But right now, there’s enough there there.
My system:
2 dedicated audio lines>Technics 1200G>Audio Technica VM740ML>Project RS Phono Preamp>Don Sachs Model 2 Preamp>PrimaLuna Evo 400>Salk Songtowers

The only weak link in the PL preamps is the slightly-better-than-average volume attenuator.
While not bad...it would be better to have a high end stepped attenuator.

@sandthemall What preamp would you say has a better volume attenuator thatn the Primaluna? PS Audio BHK, or Rogue audio RP-7?