Super tweeter for FullRange Driver

I have a pair of Audio Nirvana 15in Alinco Classics that I just got done getting into cabinets. After some listening impressions, I've realized I cant live with the high frequency response these things put out by themselves. They only go to about 15k hz. and it's made music lose its sparkle and sense of space and spacial cues. I was thinking of buying a pair of Fostek T90As and pointing them at the ceiling for a more even dispersion and better integration with the Audio Nirvana driver. My main question is what  capacitor volume would you suggest? Where in the frequency response would you crossover to the tweeter? Would wiring the 8ohm tweeter and the 8ohm Audio Nirvana in parallel make me need to change my amp(Audio Note Kit 1 300b Set) from 8ohm to 4ohms? Any other brands of tweeters recommended for a fullrange driver that is around 96bd efficent? Sorry for all the questions, incredibly new to trying to implement crossovers with full rangers. If this sounds like a bad idea. Please speak up. 
akwilson501
I use Fostex T90 forward-firing with Altec 604E.
This combination works great.
I use first order crossover and Werner Jagusch auto-transformer to decrease output of super-tweeters. I use 1uF AN Copper capacitors. I’m not sure they are the best for this application but they work good.

Back of ceiling firing tweeters sound horrible!!! It completely destroys focus and sound-stage.
I don’t understand why some people use back of ceiling pointing of tweeters.
Probably people are too lazy to make a phase alignment of tweeters. When alignment is done properly, super-tweeters sound together with the main speakers.
Alexberger wrote: " Back of ceiling firing tweeters sound horrible!!! It completely destroys focus and sound-stage."

I disagree. Quite the contrary in fact when done right, and I can go into detail if you’d like.

The reason for keeping the supertweeter out of the first-arrival sound is so that it doesn’t screw up the phase of that first-arrival sound coming from your fullrange driver.

By increasing the amount of high-frequency energy in the reverberant field while leaving the first-arrival sound intact, you are fixing the tonal balance without degrading anything else, as long as the reflection path length is long enough. And a ceiling bounce usually is long enough at high frequencies.

Regarding whether or not to use a resistor or an L-pad, again that’s "play it by ear". DO NOT put an L-pad or any parallel resistor (or inductor) legs AHEAD of the crossover capacitor. Any resistor (or inductor) leg in parallel with any driver’s coil NEEDS the crossover capacitor in between it and the amplifier to filter out the rest of the signal, otherwise your resistor (or inductor) leg is seeing a full-power, full-spectrum signal from the amplifier.

If your crossover (more precisely, high-pass filter) is first order - i.e. just a capacitor - and if you’re just using a series resistor to adjust the level, then it does not matter whether you place that resistor before the capacitor or after the capacitor. Either way, the resistance that the capacitor "sees" is the supertweeter + the resistor.

Duke
@akwilson501 === (They only go to about 15k hz.) --
 How you know you driver go to 15k hz ? and what is level -10 db or more?    The sparks is 9-10Khz. 15Khz is not listenable and just add more air. To add super tweeter and make pretty flat response ( not to bright) is very complicated, You have to use you ears and also measuring
tools
You might want to check your hearing first.  I bought a nice pair of VIFA super-tweeters and didn't notice any difference.

Ran the test cd that came with them and found that I no longer hear anything over 12 kHz.  :~(

Fortunately I was able to re-sell them for what I paid.

Disappointing.  I was looking for a little more shimmer on cymbals.