audiokinesis

Responses from audiokinesis

Help me understand "the swarm" in the broader audiophile world
@sounds_real_audio wrote: "The " swarm" is actually an old term..." Really? I am not aware of the term "Swarm" being an "old term", as you claim. I began using it in 2006 as the name for my four-piece distributed multi-sub system. Were others usi... 
Help me understand "the swarm" in the broader audiophile world
Unreceiveddogma wrote: " Well, if 2 are better than 1, and 4 are better than 2, then are 8 better than 4; are 16 better than 8? 32, 64, 128, 256...? (Is that a straw man argument, or, lacking other evidence, simply taking the argument to its logic... 
Help me understand "the swarm" in the broader audiophile world
M-db wrote: " Duke is a Bassist? "   I manufacture bass guitar speaker cabinets and sometimes that gives the impression that I'm a bass player.  But I'm not.   " Who's you're hero, inspiration? "  One need not be a bass player to be inspired by ... 
Why are speakers rarely satisfactory?
Boxer12 wrote: "I’m very happy with my speakers, system, & room. I come here to learn how to be a better human being."  This is the most profound thing I have read in a long time. Thank you boxer.Duke 
Help me understand "the swarm" in the broader audiophile world
Thank you mahgister.  Duke 
Help me understand "the swarm" in the broader audiophile world
Thank you mahgister. What do you mean by "active resonators"? Are these Helmholtz resonators, and/or do they have moving parts? Do they operate in the audible band?  Duke 
Help me understand "the swarm" in the broader audiophile world
Mahgister wrote: "With acoustic ACTIVE devices controls and not only PASSIVE materials treatment, they gives me so much bass..." "You forget Active acoustical device controls..." "For example how do we use reverberations in a positive way to make ... 
Help me understand "the swarm" in the broader audiophile world
Cleeds wrote: "I don’t have any objection to swarm or DBA systems at all. None. Some of its advocates are effusive in their promotion and it looks pretty silly. That is all." I understand. Thank you for clarifying. "I don’t see anyone on this thre... 
Help me understand "the swarm" in the broader audiophile world
Mitch2 wrote:  " Earl’s Ph.D thesis was on the acoustics of low frequencies in small rooms, so he should know a thing or two about subwoofers and bass behavior in audio rooms."   Earl was my mentor, and I use an early version of his ideas about ... 
Update on Audiogon Member Almarg
Oh wow.  Very sad about Al's condition.  Wishing the very best to you and yours, Al and Margaret.  And thank you David.  Duke   
Help me understand "the swarm" in the broader audiophile world
Oz, you are quite welcome. Cleeds wrote: " But that is exactly the claim that some have made: " Do you really mean "EXACTLY"? Because imo that is open to dispute. Not that I necessarily think squabbling about the meanings and implications of words... 
Help me understand "the swarm" in the broader audiophile world
Ozzy62 wrote:  " Perchance, did anyone see this important question?"   Did you see my answer?  Duke   
Help me understand "the swarm" in the broader audiophile world
Hleeid wrote: "Interestingly, the DBA provided the greatest percentage of improvement in the smaller room." It probably seems highly counter-intuitive that a SMALLER room would benefit the most from having a LOT of subs, but the explanation is pre... 
Help me understand "the swarm" in the broader audiophile world
Veerossi wrote:  " My setup is different from the standard DEBRA though: I’m still unclear how to setup the phasing on the sub amps since my DEBRA uses 2 Qty of the SA1000 subs amps instead of one to drive the 4 subs. It’s supposed to have some... 
Help me understand "the swarm" in the broader audiophile world
Tyray suggested: "Why don’t you guys (and gals) get together and have a respectful subwoofer shoot out... test each others hypotheses, scientific principles, use the audio test equipment to set up your equipment and record everything for posterity...