Vivaldi, played badly, is the worst classical music on earth

I thought I hated Vivaldi, the Four Seasons especially, but then I heard an absolutely sublime recording.... sadly I don't remember who the composer or orchestra was.
erik_squires
and there are the orchestras that use modern instruments and tunings, but original practices such as orchestra size and tempos...so lots of variations...
Vivaldi (the red priest because of his red hair and church duties) was in charge of a church school for "wayward" teenage girls. He composed this and many pieces to keep his girls busy with " proper" instead of banal efforts
The person who is mention saying Mozart wrote elevator music has never heard the String Quintet, K 516 in G minor, written after his father’s death. And almost certainly not the Requiem that Mozart was writing at the very end of his life. To each his or her own, but there are experiences that go far, far beyond cliches.

And performance is ultimately greater than sound quality as referred to now. A well recorded perfunctory performance will
always be a perfunctory performance. Caruso recorded in 1915 and, say, Louis Armstrong and his hot five and seven recorded around 1927. Toscanini’s Beethoven 7th Symphony from
1936 (actually quite vivid sound in sensitive remastering) and Duke Ellington’s great recordings from 1940 to 1943 for starters.