I need advice for power cords

In my system there are 4 components that power cords are interchangeable.  They are PrimaLuna EVO 100 Tube Preamplifier, PrimaLuna EVO 100 Tube DAC, Manley Chinook phonostage and Dayton Audio sa1000 subwoofer amplifier.   Should they all be upgraded, if not all which one to change to give me the most improvements.  I can't go crazy on cost, 1k to spend.   I've followed along with many threads on this subject. Always looking to make improvements to sound quality.   Many of you have much more experience with cables than I do so what do you recommend and I can do the research.  On a side note my McIntosh MC75's are vintage so old thin manufacturer cables and probably shouldn't change them. 

Thanks 
Mike 
zardozmike
I have a Primaluna HP integrated, and the Chinook.  I put Signal Cables PCs on them.  The improvement is subtle at best.   They weren't expensive, so I'm keeping them.  I did notice a bit more dynamics to the sound, but again, subtle.  I'm not convinced it would be much different if I spent $1k or even $10k on a PC.  Consider your overall system and the value it will add overall.  The Signal Cables were under $100 each.

As others have said, I'd start with the PL and Manley, and if you have a power conditioner, that too.  But, I don't see spending multiple hundreds on six feet of wire.
In Europe you can have single phase or a 3-phase electrical system in your house

So your in the Europe?. I have 3 phase access three poles down. Single phase at the house.  300 amp service, and a heck of angument to keep
my 45 + year old copper drops. I had to downgrade from 400 to 300 trying to replace the old 125 amp service.  I didn't and wouldn't change it.. PG&E wanted to use aluminum. The 3 phase on top of our service line were upgraded 30 plus years ago from 8kv to 20kv with new ALU line.  A few of us refused the new drop upgrade, I'll keep the copper....Whole different story..

The copper drop story.. lol

Many of you have much more experience with cables than I do so what do you recommend and I can do the research. On a side note my McIntosh MC75's are vintage so old thin manufacturer cables and probably shouldn't change them. 

Actually you should, especially if it's the older MC75. Great power supplies demand less of a cable, kinda!! It also lets you ADD a 
ground for protection and, CAN help reduce floor noise in some cases.
All my old gear gets new, better, bigger conductors, to a point. Pure copper good insulator, high voltage cable if it will fit. There is a point where bigger is NOT better, like breaking stuff, or drilling on the old mac cases, NO NO.. The old Macs like good multi strand pure copper.  Though I've seen quite a few hardwired from PC to speaker runs, big improvements in some.
Regards
I am an electrician myself and I worked at a cable company as a (test)engineer and I have some equipment at home (I am not on the level of a brilliant designer like Bruno Putzeys or Nelson Pass) but I understand the importance of low R,L,C values and a good foundation for your equipment.

I'm with you all the way, the little stuff count the most and cost the least.
Few approach with "fix" it's more like. CHANGE..it..
Listen
Test 
Think,
Fix
then CHANGE, if it just can't be fixed, correctly within a reasonable 
amount of time.  
Worked for me for almost a half a century, as a heavy mechanic..yup yup

Regards
hickamore reasonably asks:
Several posts here make the fundamental claim that upgrading house wiring & outlets should be top priority, and that until this has been addressed, any comparison of audio component power cords is an idle exercise. What say the experts about this claim which, if true, would seem to moot many posts above (and those on other cable comparison threads)? 

Now with 30 years experience with both multiple different house wiring setups as well as a whole boatload of different cables and tweaks, I can say with absolute certainty one of the last things you should do is re-wire. If running wire for the first time then yes of course do it right. But even if you are capable and comfortable and willing to DIY the cost of the wire alone makes re-wiring a poor use of funds. The only time I would recommend it is if your cost is near zero because you have some way of getting the wire for free. Even then I would question your use of time. 

But Miller! What about you! You did all that stuff! https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367  Yeah which is how I learned what its worth and more to the point what its worth relative to other things you could do instead. 

A partial list of upgrades that offer a lot more sound quality improvement for your audiophile dollar:
Power cords, speaker cables, interconnects, power conditioners, cones, shelf, HFT, ECT, fuses, you get the idea, house wire is way down there near the bottom of the list.

AGAIN this is NOT talking about new construction. This only applies to ripping out what you got in order to make it better. This is NOT to say its not worth doing. It is only to answer the question of priority.  In other words, it applies to anyone who hasn't already addressed every tweak and accessory. Pretty much everything right down to a $70 sheet of FoQ tape is a better deal than re-wiring. In a word: don't.

Unless (there are always exceptions) you just really enjoy crawling around under the house pulling wire, drilling holes, pushing wire, skinned knuckles, cobwebs, ....
mc, you make the task sound so fun, I'm just about tempted, although I do need to add a few more outlets and lights to my previous basement build.  I'm glad I have a pretty good brother for guiding me on this one.  He always starts conversations with, "Glad to hear your voice, little Bro."  
And I'm quite glad to be able to answer him, when I'm attempting any electrical adds.  I don't need to add that little Bro is 6-6 and 300 lbs.--guess I already did.