Need advice

Hey guys, been gone awhile. Question, my 1970's teenage nostalgia is prodding me to want to add a cassette deck to my system. Other than what I have been researching, I am pretty clueless and overwhelmed with what decks might be a good solid playback performer for me. I don't really have an interest in recording. I do like the vintage alum/wood look (my system is an eclectic mix anyway)...but that is not a must. At the end of the day it is about what will provide me mechanical dependability and good sound. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...PS..I need to stay on the moderate under 200.00 range if I can as this will not be a "main" piece.
mormark
Onkyo made some pretty good cassette decks in the 70's and 80's. I have one in my secondary system that I rarely use, but it is a solid player/recorder. You should be able to find plenty of choices in your price range.
Did you save all your Maxell and TDK tapes?Whoda thunk we would want a mechanical mess, some 40 some years later?

Memories of putting a fresh LP on cro2 from a 6 pack. Pre recorded albums were "bourgeoisie" to me. Then,the single play LP went on the shelf.The tapes were blasted on my Concord tape deck in the car, powered by 2 Fosgate "The Punch" amps. Passive Xover's to the amps, which fed separate drivers....good times!

By the early 80’s, the albums were given away, or in the garbage.

We didn’t know how good things were.