Linear Power supplies for DACs...?

Is there real SQ benefits or is it placebo snake oil?
i have a Chord Qutest and it has a wall wart. Lots of people say there’s real benefit to adding an external LPS. 
Plenty of choices ranging from $50 - $500.
Sure, a home audition is ideal.

but, what do you guys think?

Not just for the Qutest, but in general for DACs.
ianrmack
Has anyone experience w/ linear power supply with Schiit Modi3 DAC?

According to one reviewer who gave a very positive review of the DAC said he tried other wall wart types and linear power supply with it and there was no difference in sound with the Schiit., That would definitely save me money if there is no improvement. Does anyone have a different experience w/ Schiit Modi3?
@lowrider57 , email Bob to inquire. The Matrix DC cable doubled the benefit of the LPS, it's that good. I had him use 2.1mm Oyaide plugs on both ends with standard wiring using the center pin as positive.

VHAudio sells a V-Quad cable that you can DIY. I have 2 feet of it but I have yet to complete the project with a pair of 2.1mm plugs. 
Anybody here using an Innuos Zen Mini mk3 with a LPS other then the one they sell? 

I tried using my Oppo 105 direct to amp and found using a preamp much better

Then, I bought a LPS from Ebay + a Rhodium IEC with heavy gauge pure silver tail that attaches to the board, which alone was a huge improvement

I haven't gone back to my preamp since
I can put an AM radio next to the usually poorly snubbed diodes of a big linear amplifier and hear things too, and usually much larger current spikes at 100/120Hz on the AC line.
I would be far far more concerned about the power quality on the DC end of a wall-wart that is highly unlikely to be designed for optimum noise rejection for audio equipment than radiated EMI or what goes back on the AC line, which at least, if you buy approved stuff, has to meet some standard.