Linear Power supplies for DACs...?

Is there real SQ benefits or is it placebo snake oil?
i have a Chord Qutest and it has a wall wart. Lots of people say there’s real benefit to adding an external LPS. 
Plenty of choices ranging from $50 - $500.
Sure, a home audition is ideal.

but, what do you guys think?

Not just for the Qutest, but in general for DACs.
ianrmack
Anybody here using an Innuos Zen Mini mk3 with a LPS other then the one they sell? 

I tried using my Oppo 105 direct to amp and found using a preamp much better

Then, I bought a LPS from Ebay + a Rhodium IEC with heavy gauge pure silver tail that attaches to the board, which alone was a huge improvement

I haven't gone back to my preamp since
I can put an AM radio next to the usually poorly snubbed diodes of a big linear amplifier and hear things too, and usually much larger current spikes at 100/120Hz on the AC line.
I would be far far more concerned about the power quality on the DC end of a wall-wart that is highly unlikely to be designed for optimum noise rejection for audio equipment than radiated EMI or what goes back on the AC line, which at least, if you buy approved stuff, has to meet some standard.
I want to upgrade the sound I have. I just purchased a Swagman Labs Linear Power Supply on ebay for my Arcam DAC. The wall wart it came with is not factory and is just a small universal one with the correct voltage but it does not fit securely into the back of the arcam dac. I hope my sound will improve. The Dac is a bit lean right now but oh so open in highs and midrange. Arcam was one of the earlier companies to design dacs I think. Any suggestions guys? I am using a Schitt Asgar 2 headphone amp into nice Grado cans. When I play an analogue source like my nakamichi it is still better (fuller). I need the dac for my music on my phone.  
Doesn't the Swagman have an IEC that accepts a standard power cable?
By "wall-wart" do you mean the DC power cable with the 2.1mm barrel connector that goes from LPS to Arcam?